Interacting with Viewers through Comments!

Thanks for the compliments guys, really hope it helps!

Zaphod, how about questions about the genre rather than the game, ie:Do you prefer playing aggressively, economically, etc... Do you prefer air or land units...

Markazz, making videos available to all platforms and websites is a very good idea, but as you said on YouTube it renders them slightly less interactive with the viewers.

Jazzy, yes that is the other good thing about it :) Thanks!!

Howdy all,

I just wanted to share a strategy that I've been using for the last week or so now. It involves interacting with your viewers through the means of comments and questions.

A good example is in my current "World in a Jar" series, where I play some Minecraft on a custom made map. Each episode, I ask my viewers an easy question in the video for them to answer in the comments, something as simple as "What's your favourite animal?". Not only does it get your viewers involved with your thought process, it also makes them feel a part of the video!

You can follow up this technique with some "example answers" in your next video in the series where you showcase some comments (either verbally or visually) and give those people some shoutouts. Disadvantage to this is that some viewers may feel left out if you don't pick them.

Another good thing to do, is to take half an hour or so just ploughing through your comments and answering them. This way, your viewers can see how active you are and how important their opinions and comments are to you. You're making them feel valued, which is what they are, valued. They are the reason that you may be earning money or the reason that you continue making videos, so this is a way to just chat with them.

A final point is something that I've only recently started, livestreaming. In my case, I'm livestreaming once every week using the new Google Hangouts livestreaming hub available to all YouTubers. I'm not even livestreaming games, I'm just livestreaming me, answering some live questions and comments and getting to know my viewers. This way, you can really make your viewers interact with you.

tl;dr -
  • Read my post, lazy!
  • Ask questions in your video for users to answer in comments
  • Follow up by verbally or visually expressing those answers in your next video
  • Answer comments on your videos
  • Livestream yourself just to get to know your viewers every week or so
So, I hope this short guide to interacting and connecting with your viewers through the means of comments has helped and has maybe aided you in improving your channel.

Til next time, have a good day!
-OliverFrenchie

Thanks for the tips, just watched one of your vids, I'm not really a big gaming fan but listening to you made me wanna watch the rest of the vid you have a great video voice, and are really funny, keep it up hope your channel continues to grow!

Thanks for the tips, just watched one of your vids, I'm not really a big gaming fan but listening to you made me wanna watch the rest of the vid you have a great video voice, and are really funny, keep it up hope your channel continues to grow!
Thanks so much, that means a heck of a lot :) - Quickly had a look at yours, gotta admit, you've found a really nice niche!

Back