Integrating a Website?

Maxemole

Resident Potato
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey everyone!

So, as a very small channel, I was thinking of some ways that would make me stand out early. One idea I had was connecting a website to my Youtube channel. For example, I mainly make Let's Play's and random gameplays. I want this to be my sort of "filler" content while I work on the content that takes much more time. (Not filler as in rushed and bad, but it obviously doesn't take as much time as a lore video or something). While these "filler" videos go up a few times a week, I want to have a blog where I write about video games and other habits I have, and then make videos that go along with them. This way I can still have my gameplay videos, as well as having topical content that delves deeper into my habits and things I enjoy.

Do you guys think this is a good idea? Or am I dreaming too big right now?

TL;DR: I want to support my gameplay videos with topical content videos such as delving into lore and stuff of games as well as writing about these on a website. Too ambitious?

Thanks!

MURKULATER

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey everyone!

So, as a very small channel, I was thinking of some ways that would make me stand out early. One idea I had was connecting a website to my Youtube channel. For example, I mainly make Let's Play's and random gameplays. I want this to be my sort of "filler" content while I work on the content that takes much more time. (Not filler as in rushed and bad, but it obviously doesn't take as much time as a lore video or something). While these "filler" videos go up a few times a week, I want to have a blog where I write about video games and other habits I have, and then make videos that go along with them. This way I can still have my gameplay videos, as well as having topical content that delves deeper into my habits and things I enjoy.

Do you guys think this is a good idea? Or am I dreaming too big right now?

TL;DR: I want to support my gameplay videos with topical content videos such as delving into lore and stuff of games as well as writing about these on a website. Too ambitious?

Thanks!
Yes!!

This is something that quite a lot of youtubers do. The filler will keep your viewers engaged, while the lore videos will bring in more subscribers! The website will be just another branding platform for your channel. It will make your viewers feel like they have a more full experience(keep in mind that some people might not visit the website, but the ones who do will be dedicated).

Also, youtube and your website will work WITH each other to bring in viewers from different directions; your youtube will link to your website, and your website will link to your youtube. This way, if someone discovers one, they may discover the other.

That's my input for ye'.

Hope this helps!

~Murk

Maxemole

Resident Potato
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes!!

This is something that quite a lot of youtubers do. The filler will keep your viewers engaged, while the lore videos will bring in more subscribers! The website will be just another branding platform for your channel. It will make your viewers feel like they have a more full experience(keep in mind that some people might not visit the website, but the ones who do will be dedicated).

Also, youtube and your website will work WITH each other to bring in viewers from different directions; your youtube will link to your website, and your website will link to your youtube. This way, if someone discovers one, they may discover the other.

That's my input for ye'.

Hope this helps!

~Murk
Hey thanks for the very informative post! I most definitely will be working on a website alongside my channel!