Instagram

The Matt Diaries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What is people's opinion on Instagram as a platform to share your YouTube content? I've experimented with posting the video thumbnail to Instagram or a short trailer but when you link the video in the description you can't click into it.

Reactions: Sherry George

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
I see it as an extension of your personal brand, i have not posted vids on IG yet but i mainly post my work in progress pics / behind the scene pics.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Star Wars Geek

Reaction score
It’s hard to say for me how much it’s driven traffic to my channel but I think it has helped. On my posts I just say the link to my channel is in my bio and then within the bio of your Instagram you just put in the link to your YouTube channel or you can even update it to drive right to your current video. This can be clicked on when added to the website line.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
This question comes up quite often: how to use Instagram to share YouTube content, how to use Twitter to share YouTube content, how to use FaceBook to share YouTube content etc etc.

YouTube is the only platform that is designed to share YouTube content. Each platform is best deployed for the purpose for which it was designed. As @chubbybots rightly said, Instagram is good for posting behind-the-scenes photos and for building your brand, but it is in no way designed to share YouTube videos. Facebook on the other hand is at loggerheads with YouTube and needs a totally different strategy altogether, and Twitter...I haven't really figured out yet although I think I'm getting there.

If you think about it this makes sense. The creators of Instagram don't want users to leave their platform and go on to another social media platform. The same goes for the creators of twitter and facebook. It is worth taking the time to understand exactly what purpose each of these platforms serve, and then exploiting that to build your community and your brand.

The Matt Diaries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This question comes up quite often: how to use Instagram to share YouTube content, how to use Twitter to share YouTube content, how to use FaceBook to share YouTube content etc etc.

YouTube is the only platform that is designed to share YouTube content. Each platform is best deployed for the purpose for which it was designed. As @chubbybots rightly said, Instagram is good for posting behind-the-scenes photos and for building your brand, but it is in no way designed to share YouTube videos. Facebook on the other hand is at loggerheads with YouTube and needs a totally different strategy altogether, and Twitter...I haven't really figured out yet although I think I'm getting there.

If you think about it this makes sense. The creators of Instagram don't want users to leave their platform and go on to another social media platform. The same goes for the creators of twitter and facebook. It is worth taking the time to understand exactly what purpose each of these platforms serve, and then exploiting that to build your community and your brand.
Very true. I suppose it is just a case of being smart and strategic about how you use them

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I review movies and I use my IG mainly to share behind the scenes stuff, to talk about films I wont probably be reviewing or to occasionally share a bit more of my personal life...I cant say I've seen it bring traffic into my youtube channel but It's almost taken on a life of its own which is quite nice I suppose :)

Taz The Yorkie

Reaction score
I have a weird problem with Instagram.
I launched my channel and Instagram about a week ago. My channel only has 1 subscriber but on instagram I already have over 50 people following me.
I don’t think the people following me on Instagram have any interest in my channel, I think They’re just interested in photos of dogs.
I need to find a way to attract the right audience on Instagram to promote my channel too.

Reactions: The Matt Diaries

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recently signed up to Instagram and I've posted some content around my channel subject matter, but mostly it's for a behind the scenes look at what I do.

I got 1 sub from it so far and I've been on the platform for 3 weeks.

As time goes on and I build followers we'll see what it does for my channel, but it's really just a branding excercise at the moment.