Instagram for your channel?

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have heard a few people say that they have an Instagram for their YouTube channel. Do you think this would help get new people to see your channel?

If you have one yourself, any advice for having an account on Instagram for your channel?

matt franz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If u are big channel i think its great for people to feel closer to you and so people now updates but when u a small channel it could help grow your channel as well and it wont hurt to make one so i say go for it and good luck:)

Reactions: KantoGaming

Everything Supreme

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree because there are so many people who use instagram you will get random followers and if you post thumbnails or updates about your videos on instagram your followers will see it and most likely check your channel out. Even if it doesn't work as well as you hope it would it couldn't hurt to make one.

Reactions: KantoGaming

Star Wars Geek

Reaction score
I have instagram for my channel and so far I don't think it's done anything for bringing in views. When I post a video I also put the thumbnail image up on instagram. I seem to get a handful of likes for the image but nothing showing up for views in the realtime analytics. Maybe people eventually check out the channel.

MrBruce

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I also have instagram for my channel but it brings in almost no views at all, but it don't hurt and it can be a long term strategy to get closer to your subscribers.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It brings virtually zero views. Perhaps if you're really big, like 1-2M subs, then some may want to see behind-the-scenes, maybe. But that will send your Yt views to Ig, not the other way.
If you like social stuff and could be bothered to post pics every day, ye have one. I wouldn't waste more than 1 minute a day on it though if you want to use it to get Yt viewers.