Inspiration or agitation?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just curious. How much money do you have sitting in a de-monetized account?
Does it inspire you grow your channel or make you angry?

_TH.jpg

Reactions: Crown

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
How do you see much you could be making but not? Also it would anger me because that's money I could have but do not

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have around $10 between my other channels, mostly from one of them. It doesn't upset me because it's not like it would have been paid out anyways, seeing that you need to reach $100 to get paid. I'd be upset if I'd been demonetized and then my channel took off and then was stuck in a waiting list to be re-monetized while making millions of views I couldn't run ads on.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just curious. How much money do you have sitting in a de-monetized account?
Does it inspire you grow your channel or make you angry?

View attachment 42080
I have a few channels that were 'turned off' recently because they dont meets the 1000subs/4000hrs. A shame as they has made good money in the past. But I am I right in saying that as all my channels are linked to a master email address/adsense account that any outstanding revenue would have been combined and paid out?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
lol, you made me check an old channel that I never use.

But the more I think about, I think I have already been paid those $16.50 before all the changes because it would have been merged with my earnings on my main channel.

But for those people who do have money "trapped", what actually happens to it? Someone somewhere is earning interest on that money right? :unsure:[DOUBLEPOST=1525434340][/DOUBLEPOST]
But I am I right in saying that as all my channels are linked to a master email address/adsense account that any outstanding revenue would have been combined and paid out?

Yes, that is my understanding. I'm not actually owed any money on the old channel in the above screenshot. I had turned off monetization myself anyway at the end of 2016.

Reactions: markkaz

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I was always under the impression that the money sits in virtual Googleland until you reach at least $100. Before I turned on a lot more ads, it would take me several months to reach $100. The balance would just roll over into the next month, and i'd imagine it would be similar for those who were demonitized. Once they can monetize again and earn the remaining necessary to reach $100, I think it'll be paid out! ^_^

I never realized it might be a "combined" $100 across accounts! That's interesting! :eek:

But yeah...Google is probably earning interest on it in the meantime. :eek:

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I GOT FRICKEN $95.00

YOUTUBE.

It inspires me, makes me happy. Makes me wanna do better.

Reactions: markkaz

ProXima123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not sure, but I'm extremely glad my channel reached the 'requirement' long before the requirement criteria was rolled out!

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don’t have any demonetized accounts, but I once had money sitting in my account and waiting for it to be transferred to Adsense. It didn’t transfer because my channel was down off and on for a few months because of copyright strikes and it took 2 months after it was all done for it to finally transfer (it was worth it to get rid of 90+ copyright claims). By the time it transferred, all the money that had accumulated was a little over $5K.

ProXima123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don’t have any demonetized accounts, but I once had money sitting in my account and waiting for it to be transferred to Adsense. It didn’t transfer because my channel was down off and on for a few months because of copyright strikes and it took 2 billing cycles after it was all done for it to finally transfer (it was worth it to get rid of 90+ copyright claims). By the time it transferred, all the money that had accumulated was a little over $5K.
Dude your videos are going to give me nightmares lool

Reactions: Idec Sdawkminn