Initial Results Using Reddit

TheAustrianGuys

TeaRoller
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So it seems as if you have had a lot of succes with reddit. For reasons mentioned in this topic I am very skeptic about it. Will it hurt me more than do good? What are your experiences using it. I have never myself, because of the risk involved according to a lot of people.

Thanks in advance for your response! :)
If people in a subreddit suspect that it's only for your own personal gain and not something you like to share because people would benefit from it or would really love it, the risk of receiving negative reactions is very high!

Shandor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If people in a subreddit suspect that it's only for your own personal gain and not something you like to share because people would benefit from it or would really love it, the risk of receiving negative reactions is very high!
Hmm, I am really considering to give it a shot, wanted to show you an example as to whether what I wanted to do could be done or not.
But sadly I cannot post the link.

Either way, thanks for your response!

TheAustrianGuys

TeaRoller
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hmm, I am really considering to give it a shot, wanted to show you an example as to whether what I wanted to do could be done or not.
But sadly I cannot post the link.

Either way, thanks for your response!
Send me the link if you're able to!

Smashin Bros Games

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I find Reddit to be a very negative place with ultra strict rules for everything! I also have a fitness channel and you just get barraged with trolls more then anything. Despite following all subreddit rules!

Reactions: TheAustrianGuys

TheAustrianGuys

TeaRoller
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I find Reddit to be a very negative place with ultra strict rules for everything! I also have a fitness channel and you just get barraged with trolls more then anything. Despite following all subreddit rules!
I got into reddit recently and I can confirm the strictness in several subreddits. If you promote your videos at the wrong place, it can have a very negative impact on your videos and channel.
But there are also nice communities on reddit, like r/patientgamers for example.

Reactions: Smashin Bros Games

Smashin Bros Games

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the recommendation!

I got into reddit recently and I can confirm the strictness in several subreddits. If you promote your videos at the wrong place, it can have a very negative impact on your videos and channel.
But there are also nice communities on reddit, like r/patientgamers for example.

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used reddit for my timelapse in relevant subreddits. Got a few views, a like and some constructive feedback from one redditors on my video. I'll have a few more videos also from Lanzarote and I think I will be pushing it by putting up 5 videos in a row on small subreddits - which will turn out to be slightly spammy and insincere, possibly with a poor outcome from veterans of said subreddits, since I don't otherwise participate in them. :)

Brandt Prescott

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Reddit has helped me out but make sure you're posting in places that allow videos, otherwise you'll get flagged or even banned.