Individual Video Partnership & Full Fledged Partnership: the difference?

mrtoastbuster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
So today I am super excited. Y'know why?

I got an email from Google this morning saying my channel had been approved to earn revenue. So I set it all up, the usual stuff, bank details and etc. Once all that had been done I went to go see if I could make the LEGENDARY BANNER OF EPICNESS. However: I couldn't :'( "But why?" I cried!

So, I did some googling and found out about the Individual Video Partnership program which lets you monetise a certain video that has done well, but you don't get all the perks like the LEGENDARY BANNER OF EPICNESS. So I thought, "Well that must be me then." However, I can enable any of my videos for monetisation, and they pretty much immediately are approved. I was stumped.

SOOOOOOO, I went back to do some googling. This is what I found out. Google is merging the Full Partnership Program with the LEGENDARY BANNER OF EPICNESS and the Individual Video Partnership program. So what happens now? Do I get the banner or not?

P.S. If I click the link to apply for what I presume is full partnership it just takes me back to the page that says "Congrats, you can now earn revenue!"

Voice of Vanessa

Dimple-Smiles <3
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
From what I heard YouTube will email you themselves if you have been accepted into the partner program...they haven't exactly said anything else...there are video's about this on youtube :) i think you should search about it there it will give you more info than I can on this subject! <3

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
they have been messing around with partnerships

there is the ability to earn money of your videos partnership
and then there is
the thing with the banner and money earning partnership

you have the one where you can put ads on your videos which is what everyone gets its the new "base level" youtube now. What has happened is a lot of people just disabled ads completely they were in the way and served no purpose to their channels so why bother? some third party dude making money off your videos. So google decided to play a jedi mind trick on youtube. They called it partnering and gave everyone the ability so they would turn on monetization on their channel and enable ads so that they could have a wider advertising base. But beware they really are being pretty idiotic about the entire thing so its a useless feature for most users. From what I can tell they have a quota they want to place ads on all the channels so they allow you to monetize every 5 videos or so otherwise they refuse it or take it away depending on their whim and tell you something like "prove to us its yours" and then proceed to never answer the mails or read the mails with said requested proof lol.

Anyhow your a basic youtuber who can put ads on their videos if google decides they feel like it that is what it boils down to.