Including my wife has increased my views and subscribers.

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Last week I asked my wife if she wanted to get involved with the video making process in any way, shape, or form and she agreed.

We decided to do some filming while doing Postmates orders around town. Since then our views, watch time, and subscriber count has really grown in comparison to what it once was.

We got new video editing software and are really trying our hand at vlog style videos.

I can't tell if there is interest in the topics we've been talking about, the style of video we were doing, or just better quality all around that has increased our traffic.

Long story short; I got my wife involved, it was super fun, our traffic exponentially increased. [emoji171][emoji527]

Any other similar stories or reasons why this night have happened?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
That’s great that you were able to connect more with your wife while also growing your channel together! I, well, I don’t have a wife haha. I do have a somewhat similar story though: I changed from talking directly to a camera to animating a character with my voice over. Since then I have noticed much more growth in the time I’ve made and uploaded my animations in comparison to my previous videos being uploaded. This could definitely have other variables such as how I marketed them, my consistency, etc.
However, I think a lot of it came from the animation switch. Animation is a lot more flexible and allows you to create scenes or things that would be difficult or nearly impossible doing a point and shot video of sorts. They may take much longer to make than the videos I used to make, but they’re 100% worth it in my mind. Quality over quantity all the way.