In need of feedback

Natacha Martins

The First Lady of YTTALK
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I personally think my channel is in need of something but I can't really figure out what its missing, I've tried changing up the look and the themes, changing my info, then changing it again...but there's still something, can ya'll figure it out, cause I sure can't. Really need the Feedback. thanks xoxo

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hmmm...well...I guess the advice I'd have to give you is to think about what your target audience is. Who do you want to watch your videos? And don't say everyone, because that's WAAAAY too broad of a spectrum to look at. Think of a specific demographic that you think the style you're looking to go for goes with and do that. After checking out your uploads, it looks like you have a theme going on in it: a bucket list.

Cater to that croud. People who love doing things like scrapbooking and sight-seeing and that kind of thing. Look at your bucket list, and make your page about that. For instance: Your video "Don't Give Up" says in the description that an inspiring video clip is #476. Do you really have at least 476 things on your bucket list? That's like over a year's worth of episodes! That's something I'd definitely subscribe to! That sounds like an absolutely awesome idea and I've never heard of someone documenting that like you are/might.

Like for the background, maybe get a bunch of colored stickies, write down on each of them one of your to-dos on your bucket list and stick them on your fridge until it fills up the entire pannel...then take a picture of that. That might be cool, right?

As for your videos...I notice that you don't talk in ANY of them...and that's kind of off-putting. You may not like your voice, shy, or don't think it's necessary...whatever you think, GET IT OUT OF YOUR HEAD. Your videos would be so much better if you did a voiceover or something in it. Like in "Just Like Art Attack," if you would've talked about the process of what you and your brother were doing for the montage, or talked about your bucket list and what it means to you, or talked about your day, that would've been so much more interesting than what it was.

You know what? I'm gonna subscribe! Cuz I think you're onto something and I want to see you grow and make your channel better.

But try and fix these things and you should be fine...other than that: promote, promote, promote. There's not much you're doing wrong, it just takes time. They say six months to a year's time, in fact. So be patient.

Reactions: Michael

Natacha Martins

The First Lady of YTTALK
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Oh wow, thank you, you've made my day. :)

I especially love the stickies Ideas, thank you. thanks for your advice I will definitely take it into consideration, and change up my channel. THANK YOU! (btw my list has actually over 700 things to do :D ) That's not too much is it?! :confused:

with the art attack, it is sort of because I don't like my voice but its also because i didn't really think about it. plus I already feel slightly self-concious about it. :confused:

btw I subscibed to you yesterday cause your a joker! and I love your videos. and thank you for all your support :) it means alot.

Natacha Martins

The First Lady of YTTALK
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey so, I took your advice and added stickies to my background? check it out and tell me what you think :)

Neakiaro

Banned
Reaction score
I suggest a channel video, a one off video you always have set as the video displayed on your channel. A video about what people are to expect from you, that they can see as soon as they get on your channel. That will make sure that you get the most subscribers out of the people who view your channel.

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I like it! And I wouldn't suggest a channel video...coming from my point of view as a consumer...I've never seen the point unless the channel is SO complicated it needs one. Your videos, themselves, should be what people expect from you. But that's just my opinion. Actually, every time I see a channel video, I never watch it and automatically go to the newest video that's been uploaded.

Reactions: Natacha Martins

Neakiaro

Banned
Reaction score
I like it! And I wouldn't suggest a channel video...coming from my point of view as a consumer...I've never seen the point unless the channel is SO complicated it needs one. Your videos, themselves, should be what people expect from you. But that's just my opinion. Actually, every time I see a channel video, I never watch it and automatically go to the newest video that's been uploaded.
Hypocrite much?

You told me I needed one desperatly. You cannot say TheGameDock is complicated

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hypocrite much?

You told me I needed one desperatly. You cannot say TheGameDock is complicated
"Ok...first off: I've seen many channels put up intro videos on their pages, and in theory and on paper, I understand where it's coming from. My question is why do you need it when you have content that explains itself? Wouldn't a content video be leagues better than an intro video of someone talking about what they're going to find on that channel? Now, again, this is just my opinion."

I'm pretty sure I didn't say to put in a intro video...