In Need of Camera

Gamingskhan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello guys, I'm in need of a good camera for recording YT videos. My budget is about $500 give or take some, but I'll go to more if there is something that's an outstanding deal. It also needs to take decent pictures. I'd prefer a brand name (Canon, Nixon, Sony, etc.), but again, I'm flexible.

GOLDING

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What type of camera would you want? Something compacts like the Canon G7X mark ii or something hing with an interchangeable lens like a dslr?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It really depends on what kind of videos you want to make.. vlogs sitting at your desk, epic cinematic films of sunshine and beaches, or fast action/moving type stuff?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Use your iphone. =)
I almost posted that, but figured he wanted something "better".. The majority of all shots on all of our videos (and ALL shots for the first 6 months or so) are done on 1 of 3 iphones: an iPhone 4S, 6S, and 7 - including all of the non-drone shots in my signature video below.
If you look at our videos you will see they are decent quality.

Maksim

Reaction score
I almost posted that, but figured he wanted something "better".. The majority of all shots on all of our videos (and ALL shots for the first 6 months or so) are done on 1 of 3 iphones: an iPhone 4S, 6S, and 7 - including all of the non-drone shots in my signature video below.
If you look at our videos you will see they are decent quality.
As long as you are not using the digital zooms and you have good lighting, the iphone does terrific 4k, particularly if you use a gimball or a tripod.

If you are shooting sports, shooting low light or need a variety of lens options, then.... you look at better cameras like the A7Sii or Panasonic GH4/5