Short Film In need of actor! (No 'in-person' meet)

James Lewis

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I'm working a film called 'Three Deadly Nights.' It is a psychological thriller/horror/slasher and I need an actor from on here. I'm working with people in my area who can act, but there is one character that will only be shown through video or computer in the film and since it is already hard enough trying to find the in-person actors in my area for the film, I thought I would ask if someone from YTtalk wanted to play this part? All you would need to do is film your part yourself (It'll probably be like a vlog type part talking to the camera) and then send it to me. Now I'm still working on writing so I don't have a script to send yet. I'll let you know what you need to say when I'm done with the script. It'll be a while before I will be able to start the filming so I don't expect your part anytime soon. The only details I have are the synopsis of the film so far which is the basic of the basic. The synopsis makes it sound like a generic horror film, but it's not. It's the background stories and other things that aren't mentioned in the synopsis that will make this one a lot different and awesome, but the part I will want you to play will be the crazed man in this synopsis:

‘Three Deadly Nights’ Synopsis

Young writer, Steven Hale, is made by his agent to stay in a house of ‘controversial horror’ for a week to be able to obtain ideas for a new book in this creepy and disturbed atmosphere. The previous owner was taken to a mental institute after supposedly killing his family and best friend, then attempting to kill himself. The man claimed the house was haunted with the psychotic spirit of a man with ‘no face.’ His words are frowned upon and he is labeled as mentally unstable, but after finding odd things in the home, and strange occurrences, Steve will soon find out there was more to the crazed man’s words than expected.

His character is both scared and will seem crazy out of his mind and you'll most likely have to film in this in a corner crouching down with the camera showing your face, but close enough to where it doesn't show too much more than that. So let me know if you would be interested and I will let you know details of what you need to do and say soon. If you could send me a quick couple second video of you just acting crazy and scared, and whispering like you're trying to hide from a killer as an audition video, I would appreciate it, just in case more than people would like this part. Thanks!

Reactions: Kath

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Actually sounds like a pretty fun challenge. I've been toying with the idea of playing roles that weren't comedy. If someone else feels better suited or whatever that's fine but you could definitely keep me posted on the progress.

ProfKranc

Voice actor and Film-maker here to help :-D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Would be more than happy to participate. Been acting for a while, so PM me if I can help out. Either way, I wish you the bets of luck with the film. From what I read in your description you gave, it sounds pretty good!

Kath

True Wub :wub:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Actually sounds like a pretty fun challenge. I've been toying with the idea of playing roles that weren't comedy. If someone else feels better suited or whatever that's fine but you could definitely keep me posted on the progress.
I'd love to see you do it. I bet you'd do a good job! :)

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
I'd love to see you do it. I bet you'd do a good job! :)
Yeah not my usual roles on camera, but I've practiced serious acting off camera and think I could pull it off nicely. Might just turn into Johnny Depp :cool:

James Lewis

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I would appreciate it if you could upload it as an 'unlisted' video on youtube and then send me the link through message either here on yttalk, or through my youtube inbox.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
I would appreciate it if you could upload it as an 'unlisted' video on youtube and then send me the link through message either here on yttalk, or through my youtube inbox.
Yeah the forum won't allow those links but youtube would work. Were you wanting like audition vids?

James Lewis

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Yeah the forum won't allow those links but youtube would work. Were you wanting like audition vids?
It's not REQUIRED, but it would sure help me a lot in seeing how everyone would do in the part.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
It's not REQUIRED, but it would sure help me a lot in seeing how everyone would do in the part.
Wouldn't we need a mock script and a character blue print for that? Like I'm not sure if this guy is disturbed crazy or GOING crazy or if he's evil and crazy or like, I don't know what character I'd even be portraying yet. Help a bro out :p