In a slump

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I’ve been stuck at 16 subs for the longest time. My views have also dropped quite a lot recently. This seemed to all happen at the start of August. I’m not sure what’s going on. Any ideas on how to get past this slump

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I know the feeling, as i´m in a slump as well! My videos often doesn´t get past 10 views anymore. But then again, they´re unedited and shaky as hell.
But you just gotta keep at it and continue to make consistent uploads! Hopefully it will work out!

VidaDeJeremiah

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Tag your videos, spread the world and keep at it! Seeing as though you only have 16 subscribers you shouldn’t expect a lot of views considering not very many people are consistently hitting the bell icon but but they may be subscribed to you so they stumble across the video whenever they see it. I have 50 subs in just a little over 3 months and some of my videos with more popular search ability (One Direction Reactions, Eurovision Reactions etc) have over 1k views in 3-4 days and other like my back to school videos have maybe 20 or so views. If you’re looking for content that’ll get you views try popular video ideas(check trending page and try to take inspiration from not steal) if you want to upload content that is meaningful and in your niche be prepared to lack in views until your find your people. Which may never happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would do some research on SEO and tagging. Also look for other ways to promote your video and share it on other sovial media or websites

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
one thing I have noticed is that focused content in a niche is most successful. I know it may not be as fun but focusing on one aspect of your life to publish on youtube will probably help.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You gotta make content people want to see. What makes your content more special than other people within the same genre? What about your thumbnails? Does it show anything that is even worth clicking? Or are your thumbnails a second-rate copy of other popular YouTubers? You have to be honest with yourself. SEO and all that jazz is important and all, but a person with the perfect SEO but subpar content will never do as well as a person with bad SEO but amazing content.