Cracka Lack

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm Cracka Lack and I shoot music videos/make beats and I'm an entrepreneur. My YouTube channel is titled CrackaLackTV (http://www.youtube.com/CrackaLackTV) and I have 18,000 subscribers. I've had my channel for about 10 years.

The content I upload to my channel is:
  1. Customer Music Videos
  2. Vlogs (BTS of everything)
  3. Making a Beat videos
  4. Beats
So what my problem is, is I'd say the inconsistent content style. As of now it's easy to have 1 big channel and upload everything there. What I'm asking is would I be better off separating my content into multiple channels?
I've done lots of research on other similar successful channels and they will have a channel nothing but beats. With beats your audience is rappers. They subscribe and they get notified of exactly what they've signed up for. With my Vlogs and Making a Beat videos my audience is other producers and videographers.

What caught my attention is the fact that my channel has 18k subscribers but is only averaging about 200-400 views per upload. Clearly my subscribers aren't interested in all the different content I'm uploading.

I'm planning on starting a new channel titled Cracka Lack Beats for all of my beats. I'm not going to upload customer music videos anymore. I'm going to encourage them to upload them to their own channel.

Now where I'm stuck is do I turn my CrackaLackTV channel with all of my videos into just me and no longer upload the music videos and beats or is it too late and the damage done?

I've read that the YouTube algorithm is similar to instagram/facebook. With those platforms, when we post it shows it to a small percentage of our friends/followers and depending on how they engage with it the post will either perform well or not. I learned that it's the same with YouTube for subscribers that don't have the bell. So if that's the case I have subscribers that didn't subscribe from my Vlogs or Making a beat videos, they subscribed from a rappers music video. So that's what they wanted more of.

I'm either going to film 1 last video for my 18k sub channel and say hey guys if you enjoy my vlogs and beat making videos come subscribe to my new channel I'm starting or just keep the built channel.

The pros to starting over would be I'd have a very realistic subscriber to view count. I've had the channel for 10 years and have posted 600+ videos. The con would be all the videos I have online already wouldn't be on MY new channel.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS? Rebrand the channel I've built or just start clean?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Cracka Lack

Reaction score
Thank you. That's what I'm leaning towards. I'm happy that all of my older videos are already on the channel so starting from 0 after all of my videos would be heart breaking. BUT I always think down the road. If YouTube would allow me to grow faster with new channel I'd do it

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
18K subscribers is a considerable amount. However, averaging around 200-400 views with that sub count is pretty bad for your position in the algorithm. If you were to start a new channel, I would move your vlogging and beat making to a separate channel and keep the beats on the bigger channel. Why? Companies love numbers. You're more likely to sell beats and be asked to produce beats with an 18K channel, regardless of how many views you get.

Another way of looking at it would be: Look at all videos in those 4 categories you determined and tally which videos are actually getting the most views. Quite certainly one or two categories will stick out (even if the difference per video is only 200 views). These are the videos your currently still active subscribers apparently want to see.
You can also use your analytics to see if these views are from actual subscribers or non-subscribers. You said you're an entrepreneur, so you need to figure out what the main goal of this channel is. Do you want a loyal fanbase? Make what your viewers subscribed for. Want to build a business? Make videos that got the most traction (regardless if they were subscribers or not).

Anyway, hope this helps.