TheBlockRoom

Reaction score
Hello people!

I have heard a lot of people recently (almost everywhere) saying that YouTube is dying and that we're all going to be doomed!

With this in mind I was curious as to why this was and also, how it could be improved to make it the best video sharing site possible.

Interested in seeing your opinions,
-Block

p.s. I don't work for YouTube, was just interested in what the community think could be better :)

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
The people saying that are mostly n00bs (and probably mostly children) that pay far too much attention to the "experts" who's only real goal is to get them all worked up to rack up their own watch-time. For those of us that have been around for a while (11+ years in my case), we aren't worried.
Still room for improvement though. i would recommend they fix the hoaky commenting/spam/review system and fix the new-subscriber notifications.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Well whatever happens happens really it affects me... yeah of course it does since I barely get $2 a month but oh well what can I do? XD

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No, it isn't dying. It's transforming. And it looks like they are finally starting to care about what is uploaded to their site. There is a lot of content that advertisers do not want their ads on. With them keeping ads off those types of videos they will make sure those type of content creators will go elsewhere. Which is fine by me. My stuff is about as PG as it gets. Mainly car reviews and car show videos with no swearing.

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I honestly think YouTube is the only social media that won't die out or come to an end. People get on YouTube for EVERYTHING. Music videos, viral videos, free tv shows and movies. No matter what people say we all end up going on YouTube for something. I think the only way it will die out is if they make you pay monthly for it then all heck will break loose.

Reactions: Mister20seven

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
As a person with a BA in communication and MS in multi media I can tell you I've studied this. I wrote papers about it years before YouTube existed. It's no different than what happened with radio film or tv way back when. Things form out of chaos and become linear until some new comes along to disrupt it.
But what's to improve? Anyone can share anything at anytime and what you don't like to see will get tuned out. Pretty good by my standards

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

HFO

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think people are just exaggerating over this topic, YouTube is not dying its just the people around YouTube or the new content creators are not giving in the community, i mean YouTube is much more than a promotion site, and that exactly what's making it boring at times because its like there is more spam than there is content

So the way to improve that is by simply being a human and just comment , getting involved , and making content [ if a person is a content creator ] that is good and not just spammy! , but that is only my opinion really!

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Youtube can't die before there's a new place for all the hundreds of millions of users.