Improving Voice Overs

Worldofpossible

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Besides say a pop filter, what do you guys do make your voice sound richer and deeper? I would like to improve my voice and make them more dramatic for comedic purposes. Working on building a portal able sound booth, (yes it can be done) but in terms of say adobe audition, what else can I do?

lsherran

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm sure there are some highly skilled Adobe Audition guys that can improve the sound of your voice post recording, however as a general rule I would say for voice over there are 2 things you need to consider.

1. Quality of your audio recording equipment. My company uses a Zoom H6 with studio quality microphones for recording podcasts, and the sound quality is crazy - your voice sounds like smooth velvet! I use a Roland R-05 with a Rode mic and that's good, but no where near the level of the Zoom.

2. Practice. Voice over artistry is a skill, and the best voice over artists are well practised and educated in their craft. If you can naturally speak with a lower and more booming voice, this will get picked up by your audio equipment far better than trying to create an effect of it using software.

I'm sorry if this doesn't directly help answer your question, but hopefully you found it useful!

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Besides say a pop filter, what do you guys do make your voice sound richer and deeper? I would like to improve my voice and make them more dramatic for comedic purposes. Working on building a portal able sound booth, (yes it can be done) but in terms of say adobe audition, what else can I do?
Have you used Audacity? You can do some equalization and effects that will give your voice a different quality. That said, you would need to start with a track that was recorded using somewhat decent hardware. The program is free and I use it to clean up vocal tracks prior to any effects in Sony Movie Studio.

Worldofpossible

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you used Audacity? You can do some equalization and effects that will give your voice a different quality. That said, you would need to start with a track that was recorded using somewhat decent hardware. The program is free and I use it to clean up vocal tracks prior to any effects in Sony Movie Studio.
I have began using combination of audacity and adobe audition. adobe audition seems to record the best and allows for more precise removal of white noise. Audacity is great for cutting on the other hand so I use both. Right I am looking at improving the sound of my voice. Probably the only thing is the background noise. It's amazing how noise from the ground level echoes up here.