Impressions Click Through Rate

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I could see a topic actually looking at anyone data from this yet so thought i'd start it off since i'd be interested to see how other people are getting on with the new analytics data

I'm mostly interested in total impressions and the click through rate, I have attached mine for your viewing pleasure :) (this is for a channel with about 650 subs & 1500 average daily views)

Attachments

Reactions: PeterG

Peter_Brown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm not sure I know how to get to this stat. Where is it?

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you look in the analytic beta tab, you can see how many time youtube has suggested your video (ie. impressions) and then how many times people clicked through on those recommendations

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
One of the drop down menus says most channels (half? They said?) get between 2-10% ctr. So if you’re in the range you’re good! Higher naturally better. But they said bigger channels will be lower because they are constantly getting exposure which means less clicks but way more imps ( yea I’m coining that right now)

I’m at about 8% for the last month

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
One of the drop down menus says most channels (half? They said?) get between 2-10% ctr. So if you’re in the range you’re good! Higher naturally better. But they said bigger channels will be lower because they are constantly getting exposure which means less clicks but way more imps ( yea I’m coining that right now)

I’m at about 8% for the last month
Well spotted didn't see that, well thats good to know, my poor graphic skills and thumbnails can't be so bad then :)

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
forumpic1.png

This is my page currently. This is for a channel with ~8,900 subs and ~15,000 daily views. It seemed like they maybe changed the layout again yesterday? I couldn't get the screenshot the way you have yours somehow.

I'm honestly more interested in the unique viewers stat, I'm not sure what a health ratio of unique viewers to subscribers/views should be?

Congrats on the increase in impressions btw @evoloz

Peter_Brown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If you look in the analytic beta tab, you can see how many time youtube has suggested your video (ie. impressions) and then how many times people clicked through on those recommendations
Thanks! I'm a pretty good sized channel, so I have decent impressions.

21mil impression and
5.8 click through rate.

I like the interface though, it's a nice layout!

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Wow, some really impressive click through rates here! I'm hovering around 6.8 but I think it's edging down as I slowly gain subscribers. So great to finally have this data from YT though. It will be neat to see if we'll be able to break it down by context/page/demographic in the future

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
Thanks for starting this topic! I'm at a click through percentage of 4.6% all time. 11.9 % is suggested by YouTube, the rest is search traffic. This is also an interesting statistic. I start to like the whole new analytics layout☺