Important question about disputing content ID from major music companies

Lambdaguy

Reaction score
Hi,
I have had some content ID for using a copyrighted song in some of my videos (I though this one was royalty free music).

I have disputed the claim and the company confirmed it.

Now I have swapped the copyrighted song in question with a video from youtube Library, in other terms, the copyrighted song is no longer in my video. But, the content ID is still active. My question : Can I dispute again? (If the claiment confirms again, I will receive a strike).

Thanks! :)

Reactions: Bruman

Bruman

Well Known Pampaw
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't know the answer to your question but from the possibility of a strike I would say it isn't worth it :p
Especially since we only get 3. Better to play safe than sorry!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the copyright / claims / legal forum. :)

Bruman

Well Known Pampaw
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
@Lambdaguy then I would just use it as a draw to your channel. With your current situation the best case scenario is they remonetize your video, which is grand.
But worst case scenario you catch a strike which at the time doesn't seem like to big of a deal given the best possible scenario, but in the scope of the long run for
your channel you may look back and regret it. Logically speaking, if you changed the music I don't see why they wouldn't remonetize your video. Take your best shot.