Importance of uploading on a schedule?

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
It doesn't seem a deal as big as some say this schedule thing is and I know it depends on the type of content and the "routine" the viewers of a channel are used to - but what about the sole fact that you're just starting with your science channel?

To me as a beginner doing everything but the voice-over, a schedule seems a little daunting. I simplify the complexity of an animation if I'm in a rush and it's a defeating feeling but to imagine doing that to achieve the schedule of my YouTube channel with viewers expecting a video? Wow.

If it really is important to have it I would make it work but what about just the first 3 months after you launch - how important it is than?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For new channels I don't think uploading on a schedule, meaning on specific day and specific time, is that important. But uploading consistently is very important. With new YouTube algorithm that prioritize watch time to rank your videos, I would say publishing more frequently is the best solution.
As you channel gains more subscribers, it makes sense you publish your videos on schedule, because your viewers now really expect new videos from you and they want to know when your new videos are published. I hope this helps.

Reactions: Broccoli Shmoccoli

Skyler Henricks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it's important in the beginning more than in the long run honestly..I don't want to subscribe and follow a channel that I'm not sure when they are going to upload. I follow people now that I know they upload at this time of this day and some even daily, I'm not saying that it is an absolute deal killer but I believe a schedule is very important and if you scheduled out 3 days a week that you can upload at a certain time then that could really benefit you. People like a routine whether you believe it or not, if you have to batch produce videos so that it's easier to hit your timeline.

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
For new channels I don't think uploading on a schedule, meaning on specific day and specific time, is that important. But uploading consistently is very important. With new YouTube algorithm that prioritize watch time to rank your videos, I would say publishing more frequently is the best solution.
As you channel gains more subscribers, it makes sense you publish your videos on schedule, because your viewers now really expect new videos from you and they want to know when your new videos are published. I hope this helps.
Hey, thank you phoebechitchat for your view and the facts. I agree 100% re the importance or rather the advantage of having a schedule when the channel establishes a viewership. Than - I will do it for sure. Re the frequency, I'm planning 2 uploads /week with my current means. I'm doing the kind of channel which will upload less frequently but higher quality videos. (I hope)... So perhaps for that reason even more such channels need a schedule, since the viewers can't naturally expect a new video every day.... Yes, thank you.[DOUBLEPOST=1510780722,1510771195][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think it's important in the beginning more than in the long run honestly..I don't want to subscribe and follow a channel that I'm not sure when they are going to upload. I follow people now that I know they upload at this time of this day and some even daily, I'm not saying that it is an absolute deal killer but I believe a schedule is very important and if you scheduled out 3 days a week that you can upload at a certain time then that could really benefit you. People like a routine whether you believe it or not, if you have to batch produce videos so that it's easier to hit your timeline.
Thank you Skyler! I also agree with you that it's more important in the beginning than in the long run. It's logical. I think if you could look at how people across the board subscribe to YouTube channels, I'm sure you'd find that the amount of people for whom a schedule plays a considerable role when deciding to subscribe, is worth considering as a creator. The fact is that you should have as much to offer as possible, especially when you're small. A schedule it is than. Thank you guys!

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
People are creatures of habit, a schedule is a must. If you are posting once a month then try to keep it to once a month, if you are doing it 3 times a week then stick to it!

Pedro Nascimento

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The more you upload the better, uploading everyday is perfect!
But with that said you can't compromise quality/content of the videos just to make lots of uploads.
It is better to upload once a week but to have a video that people like to watch than to have 7 videos that nobody watches.
Uploading on a schedule is good because if people like your videos they want to know when you're uploading again so they can watch it.
Probably as other people have said before when you start and have no or few subscribers it probably doesn't make any diference and it will make more diference when you have lots of active subscribers, but I always say if you wanna do it, do it right from the beginning and get that habit of uploading on that specific day/days.
I hope i could help :D

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
The more you upload the better, uploading everyday is perfect!
But with that said you can't compromise quality/content of the videos just to make lots of uploads.
It is better to upload once a week but to have a video that people like to watch than to have 7 videos that nobody watches.
Uploading on a schedule is good because if people like your videos they want to know when you're uploading again so they can watch it.
Probably as other people have said before when you start and have no or few subscribers it probably doesn't make any diference and it will make more diference when you have lots of active subscribers, but I always say if you wanna do it, do it right from the beginning and get that habit of uploading on that specific day/days.
I hope i could help :D
Exactly. Also, if you start your channel posting on a schedule, you will accumulate a library of videos quicker, making your channel more established.

ShaunM

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I honestly don't think it matters. I think its something people did back in the day and people just presumed it was one of the reasons their channels became large.

Have any of your viewers asked for a schedule?

EndlessEpic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't follow a recording schedule myself, however many YouTubers advise you to start a recording schedule. Think of people who do daily uploads (not saying you have to do daily videos). The people who are subscribed to that YouTuber know that there will be a video every day. It's reliable. Recording schedules can create loyal subscribers. However, there are some cons to having a recording schedule.
As @Pedro Nascimento said,
You don't want to put quantity before quality. Quality in the end is what matters and is what you will be most satisfied with in the end. I think higher quality will attract more people in the end, rather than if you put quantity over quality.

I wish you the best of luck! I always find science channels interesting, I hope you succeed in yours! :D

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Sorry for the absence and thank you ALL for your help!! I actually discovered YT creator academy a week ago and yes ...a lot of answers there :) .... Even about the schedule... I'll do the schedule. My production capacities translate to 1 video per 5 days on average if I work hard. So, everything you guys said, and what I read and heard... It just makes sense... And also common sense dictates it I think. It's something good for your channel with which you can only win something and not lose anything. I'll do it. Thank You All![DOUBLEPOST=1512106234,1512094100][/DOUBLEPOST]
You don't want to put quantity before quality. Quality in the end is what matters and is what you will be most satisfied with in the end. I think higher quality will attract more people in the end, rather than if you put quantity over quality.

I wish you the best of luck! I always find science channels interesting, I hope you succeed in yours! :D
Thank you so much EndlessEpic! You're awesome! And you're absolutely right about quality over quantity. In my case it'll be fully animated videos but only 1 video every 5 days if things go as planned. The low quantity is perhaps one of the reasons why I ask questions about seemingly less relevant things.

I think it's worthy of pointing out that the execution of an idea is the most important determining factor when it comes to that idea achieving it's potential. In this case the execution being a collection of things like having a schedule, reviewing channel analytics, promoting videos on social media etc., and the idea being the channel concept and the videos. Employing a schedule might be a small part of the execution but it is a part. If you make lots of small mistakes, they add up and determine how fast your channel grows... And if at all...

Thank you for the wishes and right back at ya! :)