Images for links not working on end-screen?

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So I had this problem before but it disappeared on its own - but it's back now.

On my end-screen I always put a link to my Patreon page, and for the image I just used the Patreon logo.

The other day when I was setting up my end-screen I noticed that when I set the image, it loses it and just displays this unavailable icon:

I thought maybe it was just a problem with the image in question, so I tried uploading another one. Same thing.

I even tried importing the endscreen from a video where the image still works, but it still shows up as just the three dots.

Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know if there's a fix?

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So I had this problem before but it disappeared on its own - but it's back now.

On my end-screen I always put a link to my Patreon page, and for the image I just used the Patreon logo.

The other day when I was setting up my end-screen I noticed that when I set the image, it loses it and just displays this unavailable icon:

I thought maybe it was just a problem with the image in question, so I tried uploading another one. Same thing.

I even tried importing the endscreen from a video where the image still works, but it still shows up as just the three dots.

Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know if there's a fix?

Yeah I've had that happen too. I'm guessing the video is currently private? The image will work once it goes public (either through scheduling or manually) or unlisted - I found that out because I had to contact YT support about it. They asked me to make the video unlisted or public so they could access it and check it out and when I did that, the image appeared straight away. It's still a bug though IMHO.

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yeah I've had that happen too. I'm guessing the video is currently private? The image will work once it goes public (either through scheduling or manually) or unlisted - I found that out because I had to contact YT support about it. They asked me to make the video unlisted or public so they could access it and check it out and when I did that, the image appeared straight away. It's still a bug though IMHO.
Thanks!

Seems you're right. I just checked the video I released today and the image is there now. Good to know the images are actually appearing and it's just a bug at the editing end. Phew.

Reactions: Crown