I'm torn...Annotated 'end cards' or 'InVideo Programming'?

Ross

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It looks messy to have both. Why? Because you either have way to many options on the screen or some overlapping. They'll likely clash in terms of aesthetics too.

I'd love to have a great end-of-video scene but I haven't got my head around a good design yet. They look great when you do them well but I think I need more content to make them meaningful.

The InVideo programming is great though because of how dynamic it is. You can change what video is featured to drive traffic where you want it.

I think I'm going to get into Photoshop and have a play with some designs to make the end card. I want to know what everyone else thinks though. What's your setup? What do you recommend?

bwochinski

Gaming and Goofing
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Well my current end-card is something on my to-do list to update. I also love to use the in-video programming option, usually to feature my latest video across everything.

My thought for a bit has been to make my end-card work with the positioning of the in-video programming annotation, so that it looks more integrated. Something with a basic outline where the thumbnail will appear labeled as "Latest Video!" or some such. I'm sure I'll get to it one day! :-P

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I like the InVideo Programming because it's flexible and I can redirect every video in one go. As a viewer, I rarely follow end cards, and they make the video so much longer. I can't help but wonder if YouTube's new focus on watch time is going to mean an end to those.

Ross

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I like the InVideo Programming because it's flexible and I can redirect every video in one go. As a viewer, I rarely follow end cards, and they make the video so much longer. I can't help but wonder if YouTube's new focus on watch time is going to mean an end to those.
That's actually a really good point. I don't like that the invideo programming messes up some of my older videos where I have end cards (of sorts). But thinking about viewer watch time is important now too. I need to do some thinking...

bwochinski

Gaming and Goofing
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I'm not concerned about the 17 second end-card on my 15 minute videos. If you have much shorter videos I suppose it might have a slight affect on the watch percentage.