I'm scared I'll end up like this!

AdmUp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't think it's the genre that's declining, more like the style. Look at something like the Tasty Channel. Snappy, quick video's that people can flick through one after the other.
People watch them because it'll only take up a bit of their time. 10-15 minute videos you may only get views from people who have searched for that particular recipe or from subscribers.
Try different techniques maybe? Keep the long recipes personal but the quick easy recipes snappy.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Let's be clear... EMT ran out of ideas a long time ago .-. I remember watching them make the same thing over and over again soooo yeah

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Epic meal time was way too of a niche channel. But f*ken awesome. I just think it's the cause of being the same, that kinda stuff doesn't trend anymore.

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I dont have an explanation and this is off topic, but I wanted to tell you you have awesome thumbnails. Simple and precise. 10/10. Sorry for being unhelpful and offtopic, but seeing your channel and the thumbnails was so eye pleasing man lol

Callan Wills

The Grandad.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Comedian, Other
I think it's more of how they go along with the food genre that has changed. Instead of the genre dying, it's rather the idea of what can be an eye catching video. As I regularly see on Facebook, as well as YT, I am seeing more quick and snappy cooking videos with the step-by-step procedure on how to cook a specific dish yourself. Certainly caught my eye as well.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
People are just done with the genre. It happens. They are still gaining subscribers from where I am sitting though. And their view numbers are also still great.