I'm no longer an owner of my YouTube channel ! HELP

insanityFilms

Reaction score
for 13 years that email was linked to my youtube channel, the hacker managed to bypass the gmail, in fact, sorry to say, but I'm kinda exhausted to say this.. it's been two weeks, and no google nor youtube is doing anything about, and they won't do anything about it.
so my only options left are suing google/youtube or hire a hacker to get my channel back.
Doesn't matter...

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Sigh...

IF as you say the Gmail was linked to the YouTube account, then using your two-factor should let YouTube know you are the legit owner; if in fact the channel still exists, and the hacker hasn't initiated his own 2-factor on the new email.

The 404 is ominous as it looks as though your channel may have been deleted; but I must ask you; did you even try the 2-factor, or did you simply assume that due to the email, it would not work? If you go to a lawyer and say you want to sue YouTube over a lost channel, be prepared to either be asked for a million dollar plus retainer just to start the ball rolling, or to be laughed out of his office for wasting his time.

Also if the channel has been deleted, even hiring a hacker will be useless. Uset-deleted channels are irrecoverable.

insanityFilms

Reaction score
Sigh...

IF as you say the Gmail was linked to the YouTube account, then using your two-factor should let YouTube know you are the legit owner; if in fact the channel still exists, and the hacker hasn't initiated his own 2-factor on the new email.

The 404 is ominous as it looks as though your channel may have been deleted; but I must ask you; did you even try the 2-factor, or did you simply assume that due to the email, it would not work? If you go to a lawyer and say you want to sue YouTube over a lost channel, be prepared to either be asked for a million dollar plus retainer just to start the ball rolling, or to be laughed out of his office for wasting his time.

Also if the channel has been deleted, even hiring a hacker will be useless. Uset-deleted channels are irrecoverable.
Ok, I just wrote, like I said to youtube help support, emails, twitter and all that jazz, MY GMAIL ACCOUNT IS NOT LINKED WITH YOUTUBE ANYMORE, so therefore even if I do the 2-factor steps, doesn't matter, and I did, first thing I did, like 5 times... my gmail account is fine...
I don't wanna be rude or anything, feel free to delete me, the post, I'm really tired and upset with this whole thing, But, why nobody is getting that doing the 2-factor steps verification won't work because my gmail and my channel are not linked anymore ? I don't know how to explain to be honest... it's literally that simple, and won't say it anymore...
Sorry but my frustration is up to the max right, I just want my channel back, and punish the f**k out of the hacker who did that to me, all my work, money, time, effort, sleepless nights... gone in a click... f**k google and youtube privacy/security... they are useless... totally.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Clicking on your link, I don't get a 404... I land at an empty channel with 2 subscribers. That said, a search for 'Insanity Films' brings up multiple channels. By chance, are any of them yours? Likewise, have you searched for any of your videos? Perhaps, if it was hacked, they changed the account names, but left the channel remaining. If so, that would give you a starting point - could even file a DMCA claiming the work (and the channel) as your own.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Something weird is going on for sure.

Here is a timeline of me visiting the link given by OP ( www.youtube.com/insanityfilms )

3rd November: When I first clicked on OP's channel on the 3rd November, I could see his 3 year old channel and his videos. (I can't remember the exact creation date but it was several years ago.)
4th November: The next day it gave a 404 error.
14th November: Today, the channel is accessible but there are no videos or info on the channel. I also noticed it has a creation date of the 2nd November 2019, ie a day before this thread was made.

I wonder if it's related to the custom URL. There is no way a brand way channel with 0 videos and 2 subs could already have a custom URL.

insanityFilms

Reaction score
Yeah, Insanity Films was just me before the hacking, I've noticed other 4/5 channels named Insanity Films appeared... I think the hacker is having lots of fun on my back trying to confuse the algorithm or whatever.
As I said, only thing I really need is find a good hacker. get my channel back and remove all the others...

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Yeah, Insanity Films was just me before the hacking, I've noticed other 4/5 channels named Insanity Films appeared... I think the hacker is having lots of fun on my back trying to confuse the algorithm or whatever.
Except that a quick search does show another one 'user/alessio11' which has been around for over 13 years and has 221 uploads.