I'm looking for honest channel feedback

Katt Strike

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey guys, so recently I've been working on new video ideas and have started uploading regularly. My channel is music-centric with a few silly videos interspersed (tutorials will also be coming soon, but they're a big undertaking sooo...).

Anyway, I'm curious as to see people's impressions and for honest responses on the channel in it's current state. General feedback is welcome, but I have a few specific points if anyone would care to have a look.

1). Should I change up my banner to be a little more exciting (and include my monday schedule)?

2). My general thumbnail style - are they appealing? Would you honestly click on them?

3). Is my content boring? What could I do to make it more entertaining?
(I mean a cover is a cover right? It's not exactley exciting!)

4). Would you genuinley return to my channel? If not, why? If so, why?

(So I get subs, but I'm not sure why they stay and watch. I have a pretty loyal following (which is nice), and I just want to give them the best quality content possible. As I mentioned before, I am solely focusing on YouTube now outside of my job as I genuinley love it and the creativity it allows.)

Anyway, thanks in advance guys!

unevenflaps

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi, i had a look at your channel but for some reason forgot to post anything here, i'm not the be all/end all judge on YouTube content by any means but here's my thoughts on the questions above.

1. Your channel banner seems good to me, engaging without being crowded. On the topic of whether or not to put the schedule in the banner it definitely couldn't hurt. Whenever i find a YouTube channel a big part of why i subscribe is knowing that they actively post so it would probably work really well. You could even have a tag line in the banner something like "When Monday strikes, KattStrike".

2. I'm not much of a judge of thumbnails generally i think unless anything looks downright ugly i don't think about the thumbnail much. They seem good, maybe a consistent colour scheme on the backgrounds to establish a theme could work.

3. The covers and the channel update video didn't bore me at all. I notice you mentioned that a cover is not really exiting maybe you could start a series where you cover multiple songs from an artist so it creates a consistent feeling of exitement when viewers look at the channel and know that you're a source for a certain genre etc (similar to how when boyce avenue started they would always cover the entire top 40 so people would anticipate certain songs)

4. I would return your channel because i like what i've seen. I think the previous point could help a bit with that because viewers will have an idea of what kind of videos will come out. Or be exited to see a certain type of song.

This is just one guys observation but i hope it helped, Cheers

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys, so recently I've been working on new video ideas and have started uploading regularly. My channel is music-centric with a few silly videos interspersed (tutorials will also be coming soon, but they're a big undertaking sooo...).

Anyway, I'm curious as to see people's impressions and for honest responses on the channel in it's current state. General feedback is welcome, but I have a few specific points if anyone would care to have a look.

1). Should I change up my banner to be a little more exciting (and include my monday schedule)?

2). My general thumbnail style - are they appealing? Would you honestly click on them?

3). Is my content boring? What could I do to make it more entertaining?
(I mean a cover is a cover right? It's not exactley exciting!)

4). Would you genuinley return to my channel? If not, why? If so, why?

(So I get subs, but I'm not sure why they stay and watch. I have a pretty loyal following (which is nice), and I just want to give them the best quality content possible. As I mentioned before, I am solely focusing on YouTube now outside of my job as I genuinley love it and the creativity it allows.)

Anyway, thanks in advance guys!

Hi Katt, :wavespin:

I don't know why when I click on your link here it says your channel doesn't exist. I know I viewed your channel earlier. I don't know what's going on. :banghead:Anyway. I see what you were telling me about the font. I like the font of your name. I think adding a little more about your channel to your banner won't hurt. :) When I find the time to change mines I'm going to try to do the same. That's all I can say for now because I can't remember what I saw earlier when I viewed your channel. :unsure:

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hi Katt, :wavespin:

I don't know why when I click on your link here it says your channel doesn't exist.
She has two URLs displayed there. The first one routes to the channel.

I approach things from a more marketing standpoint. Do you have a genre of songs that does better?

My first thought would be finding popular music youtubers like theneedledrop and doing covers of songs they're reviewing.

MartinTabanag

Reaction score
Hi katt. i have a few suggestions and concerns
1. your banner is fine and it is actually really good.
2. your thumbnail is not that bad either.
3. your content is not boring. don't do it for other but do it for yourself and enjoy.
4. i highly suggest you put a goal to upload a video at least once a week.
and just keep doing what you love. you are an amazing artist

Katt Strike

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey guys, I just want to say thank you for all the wonderful feedback! I shall respond to you all properly :)

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
Your banner looks good to me. As for thumbnails those are good too. As for contents all of them are great. I really love your voice...My suggestion will be to record them more properly. Add some effects to it and spend some time editing. It will make your awesome voice more awesome :)
Use some eq and balance the volume. Coz in some of your videos instrument is louder than the voice. You can do that with any software. Doesn't have to be a studio standard software lol. Also use separate microphones for vocal and instruments.. If you want to get some ideas you can check out live covers. That will help for sure.. Cheers!! :)

Nameless

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like the pop art style of your banner, as an artist it stands out to me. About your videos where you are speaking, you have a great personality. Just hearing the cheerfulness in your voice lifts my mood. That is what most people are looking after when they go through YouTube: an escape, someone to relate with, something to make them feel good. And your channel conveys those positive things.

About the music, I like your style. What stood out to me was the video where you were playing the guitar as a violin for the first part, very creative. With music I think it's just a matter of polishing you craft and become so good they can't ignore you. I see potential, so keep going.

In terms of criticism/feedback, I don't have much to say. We can always become better, so I'd say just keep working on your craft, your thumbnails, consistency in posting, etc. I remember being around this amount of subscribers and what got me to 2.7k was just posting every week for a few months. You'll grow pretty well if you just keep at it. After the first 1k it's a lot easier, and you're close to it. Cheers!

PandaCobain

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1) Your banner is perfect for your content in my opinion. Most music channels have similar & it's honestly super adorable.

2) As soon as I opened up your channel I noticed Nirvana first but then I saw your thumbnails & friggin loved them. Then I naturally watched a couple of Nirvana cover videos. Lol.

3) I know what I watched was oldish but I enjoyed it. Your personality definitely shines through & I feel like I could have a chat with you if I bumped into you on the street, and that's honestly what I look for most when watching someone's videos.

4) I mean, I did sub & I plan on visiting your channel again for sure so..... I think that answers that. Lol.