I'm Designing an Album Case

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, everyone! So, as the title says I'm designing an album case and I was just looking for some input, mainly on if I should add something to the back of the case where the song list is.

Here is the case as of right now:
CD Cover.jpg

What do you think? All input, advice, and criticisms welcome!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think this fits better in the Branding discussion forum, so I've moved this to there. ^_^

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
I really like the photoshop work you did. I like the font that you used for all the songs but I'm not sure if I like the structure. Why don't you try to have the picture in the middle and then spread the names on left and right. Also I believe Pieces of Me is the album name?? If so removing it might be a good idea.

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really like the photoshop work you did. I like the font that you used for all the songs but I'm not sure if I like the structure. Why don't you try to have the picture in the middle and then spread the names on left and right. Also I believe Pieces of Me is the album name?? If so removing it might be a good idea.
Thanks, the photoshop part took ages ahaha. Keep in mind it's for a cd case, so the face will be at the front and the text will be on the back. So think of them as two separate pictures.

As for the Pieces Of Me, yeah that's the name of the album, you don't think it should be there?

Oliver Lesh

Reaction score
Looks good. Front is photoshopped perfectly, it looks really cool. Just wondering, have you considered putting the album name also on the front cover?

Back cover is simple yet gets the job done, I feel like song names could've been a little bit smaller just to create more space between the Pieces of Me and Hello lines (I haven't centered the text perfectly in the image below). But I'm not an expert in any case and it might feel overdone to you:

CD Cover.png

Depends on you. Overall, the whole concept is absolutely amazing! Looking forward to hear the album ;)

Reactions: AuthenticFINN

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
Thanks, the photoshop part took ages ahaha. Keep in mind it's for a cd case, so the face will be at the front and the text will be on the back. So think of them as two separate pictures.

As for the Pieces Of Me, yeah that's the name of the album, you don't think it should be there?
Well you did good with the photoshop bravo!!! haha :)
Okay that make sense now. If you have the album name on front then definitely I think it should not be on the back again. Also as you'll have enough space on the back so maybe break the list in two half so it doesn't look so crowded. That's just my opinion. Hope that helps! :)

Reactions: AuthenticFINN

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Looks good. Front is photoshopped perfectly, it looks really cool. Just wondering, have you considered putting the album name also on the front cover?

Back cover is simple yet gets the job done, I feel like song names could've been a little bit smaller just to create more space between the Pieces of Me and Hello lines (I haven't centered the text perfectly in the image below). But I'm not an expert in any case and it might feel overdone to you:

View attachment 41349

Depends on you. Overall, the whole concept is absolutely amazing! Looking forward to hear the album ;)
Thank you :)

For the name on the front, I wasn't too sure, to be honest. I like the cleanness of just having the picture on the front with no text, but having the name on the front may be better than having it on the back, I don't know ahah

Reactions: Oliver Lesh

Oliver Lesh

Reaction score
I know what you mean, honestly the clean picture without the text looks better, but some people look for the album name on the cover (if it's not digital release, then you have the name displayed right next to the cover)... I'll leave that up to you, for me it's such a dilemma :unsure2: