Illegitimate Copyright Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Have any of you ever had illegitimate copyright claims on your video's, or other types of claims, slowing down your progress on youtube?

Like I've mentioned before, I'm doing Battlefield 3 and Rage video's at the moment, and this is what has happened to me. I uploaded a Live Commentary on BF3 on October 3rd. It got a copyright claim from XboxViewTV. From what I've seen on their channel, this happens to a lot of people. The channel is filled with comments from people who had the same thing happen to them. Nothing has been done to help the smaller channels in this, even though XboxViewTV mentioned in a comment themselves that they were working on it.

Last week, October 7th I started my Rage let's play. The first video now has a copyright claim on it by X Media Digital. I googled them, and there's nothing to be found, except a channel called xDigital.

Because of these 2 claims my 'good behaviour' is gone, and I'm no longer allowed to upload video's over 15 minutes. I have just about another weeks worth of video's rendered, all longer than 15 minutes.

I filled out the form for both of the video's, claiming their claims were illegitimate, but nothing has changed. Any help?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've never had anything like this before and I can only imagine how angry you must be with it.

How do the claims come through exactly are they directly in your inbox on YouTube or on the videos as I haven't seen these before.

With them being false I would try and ignore them the best you can and keep making your videos and report/appeal each one. They're probably doing it deliberately if you're in competition with them because it could put you off making videos and also ruin your experience on there. If YouTube dont do anything immediately you will have to try and shorten the videos unfortunately, I really wouldn't like to be in your situation right now :(

I have read that a lot of the reports on false claims goes ignored by YouTube too which isnt good news at all.

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I've heard just appealing would help out a lot, since these claims are done automatically. Youtube would remove the claim until further investigation. And like I posted above, XboxviewTV claimed they were working on getting the claims removed, so I assume they weren't done on purpose.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It still sucks not being able to upload longer videos now, have you done phone verification? If not you could try that and see if it helps you.

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I did that before the copyright claims, don't think I can do it again.
But as I post this, the claim on the Rage video just got removed, and I can upload 15+ minute video's again :)
I just hope this doesn't happen too often...

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I did that before the copyright claims, don't think I can do it again.
But as I post this, the claim on the Rage video just got removed, and I can upload 15+ minute video's again :)
I just hope this doesn't happen too often...
Glad that's all sorted out for you, I know I would be so annoyed especially if it took a while to remove it each time. Fingers crossed it never happens again! At least it was automatic and perhaps not done on purpose too.

Status
Not open for further replies.