I'll go next!

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
This is a show that I'm doing on my channel called "I'm Feeling Lucky." So, tips on improving following episodes would be great.

Thanks a lot!

Neakiaro

Banned
Reaction score
Nice idea. Seems quite funny, I laughed a bit (Which right now is a bad thing, I am quite ill and coughing up my insides - Laughing is NORMALLY good though to non ill people), Thats just an original idea, are you on your man period by the way? Maybe though get a bit closer to the camera.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think this idea is quite funny. I got some chuckles and you definitely got something going here.

Now for my feed back...

I think you should be a tad closer to the camera, which should improve sound and try to use a little more lighting. I use a couple of desk lamps to improve lighting.

Another thing that I would try to do is slow it down a bit. Give it time to "breath" a bit. In my opinion it's a tad to fast Specially when you cut to the actual google question, I don't even have time to read it or let alone see which one you're reading. Perhaps if you could highlight the one you are reading. Just a thought.

Other wise... keep it up!

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm actually going to try and work on the lighting, I've been looking into some lamps to purchase. I can definitely be closer to the camera, as I agree that would do wonders for help.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Neakiaro

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm actually going to try and work on the lighting, I've been looking into some lamps to purchase. I can definitely be closer to the camera, as I agree that would do wonders for help.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.
Lamps are easy to find, you get studio spotlights and bars of high powered lights, and a guy I know named Tadashi found a way to have normal, but quite high powered lights wired in a line across a bar.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it is a great idea and fun to watch and with your responses to each one I dont think it will get boring for people too quickly, you could even do a Yahoo Answers series like this one, there are some VERY odd ones on there too. I like how you start off with saying "O Hai guys" that is almost your channels name and saying it will help it stick in peoples heads when watching your videos if you do it every time. You politely welcome them to the video and tell them what it is called, basically an introduction which works well and flows well into the rest of the video. I think that it is quite hard to hear your answers but I get that you're trying to get the video at decent length and to keep them quick, good and snappy but I do need to go back and re listen to some of them. You could do them a little slower perhaps or have a pause between each one.

As Chris said I think that you could do with some better lighting and being closer to the camera with it a little higher too, maybe try out some spotlights and you could go for a backdrop so we cant see your blinds and that would allow you to either keep things consistent wherever you record or change things up whenever you fancy it. I noticed at the end where you have your computer, perhaps keep that in these so it's in the background with the wallpaper on with your logo? It could be cool to see you turn on your chair to the computer as if you're going to start searching, just an idea there.

I also noticed the sound sounds a like the room is empty, maybe youre in a spare room or something but it reminds me of when I ring someone when theyre in the bathroom, that echoey type noise when youre talking although that could just be the camera/mic youre using, if the room is empty sticking some furniture in it does help reduce hollow sort of sounds.

I notice that you use your hands when talking on your outro, I think a bit more hand expression would be great, it might seem distracting to some using hand expression when talking but I think it makes anyone more interesting to watch.

All in all I like the video a lot, theres not much wrong with it and you have to nitpick at things like lighting etc to fault it and I think you will make a lot of people laugh :)

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Wow...that's great feedback! Yes, I am in an empty room. I was thinking about putting up some fleece blankets around the walls to help absorb that empty sound. Next episode, I'll try and record elsewhere until I get that completed. As for lighting, I'll see what I can do on that as well. As for a backdrop...I like the idea, and I've been back and forth on it for a while now. I think I'll try it and see how it works out.

Thanks a lot! This really helps out.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow...that's great feedback! Yes, I am in an empty room. I was thinking about putting up some fleece blankets around the walls to help absorb that empty sound. Next episode, I'll try and record elsewhere until I get that completed. As for lighting, I'll see what I can do on that as well. As for a backdrop...I like the idea, and I've been back and forth on it for a while now. I think I'll try it and see how it works out.

Thanks a lot! This really helps out.
Youre welcome :)