If you're tired, put creation on hold

ZwebackHD

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sounds like simple enough advice but I thought I'd share as I felt a little bit of that today. Couldn't sleep last night and ended up staying awake till like 400am. Woke up at 9 am for work and was draggin all day. Got home, recorded some gameplay for one of my series (a new one so I want content daily) but when it came time to record my commentary I had to pause for a moment and think, "bro, you're freaking exhausted right now. Coffee is not going to help this kind of tired. You need freaking sleep." And so I put everything on hold and crashed for a few hours. I woke up energized and had a renewed sense of enthusiasm for what I was going to say in my commentary and I think it ended up being one of my better takes. What did I take away from this? If you're tired or have something going on seriously consider putting your content creation on hold for a bit. There's nothing worse than uploading something totally bland that isn't going to engage your audience. Really I have nothing more to say, so, that is all for now.

Reaction score
Good advice, but I think it definitely depends on the person. I find that my delivery turns out much better when I'm exhausted, but it takes me 2-3x as long to get a take.

Reactions: Tonio

Tonio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
Sounds like simple enough advice but I thought I'd share as I felt a little bit of that today. Couldn't sleep last night and ended up staying awake till like 400am. Woke up at 9 am for work and was draggin all day. Got home, recorded some gameplay for one of my series (a new one so I want content daily) but when it came time to record my commentary I had to pause for a moment and think, "bro, you're freaking exhausted right now. Coffee is not going to help this kind of tired. You need freaking sleep." And so I put everything on hold and crashed for a few hours. I woke up energized and had a renewed sense of enthusiasm for what I was going to say in my commentary and I think it ended up being one of my better takes. What did I take away from this? If you're tired or have something going on seriously consider putting your content creation on hold for a bit. There's nothing worse than uploading something totally bland that isn't going to engage your audience. Really I have nothing more to say, so, that is all for now.
Great advice:) i call myself trying to work on uploading new content when i know for dang sure i am tired as heck it took me so long to prepare everything in my latest video on my channel but through all the mistakes i got better and NEVER GAVE UP!! But i am just that determined and it's good to see someone post this because i do need a break every since i been with fullscreen i have uploaded almost 34 videos within a 2-3 month span!!

VenomRaptor

What?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
If I'm tired I become relatively insane, so it might actually be more entertaining if I recorded when I was really tired.

Reactions: Tonio

TheWillBox

I make moving pictures!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I hate being pressed for time though. Like I was tired, but I wanted to get a video out while an event was still fresh in people's minds haha. So I forced myself to complete it.

Reactions: unknown_user0004

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Like Kev said, depends on the person. I think a better way to put this is "be honest with yourself, if you're not feeling it, don't force it, do it when it's natural" cause I too get uber creative when my body is exhausted. It's like natural cocaine LOL

Reaction score
Like Kev said, depends on the person. I think a better way to put this is "be honest with yourself, if you're not feeling it, don't force it, do it when it's natural" cause I too get uber creative when my body is exhausted. It's like natural cocaine LOL
Ooh, you're twisting my words. I'm not sure about the "do it when it's natural". If I only made a video every time I was itching too, I'd be putting out far less content. For me, discipline inspires good work.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
Ooh, you're twisting my words. I'm not sure about the "do it when it's natural". If I only made a video every time I was itching too, I'd be putting out far less content. For me, discipline inspires good work.
Right but if you're trying to force something you're not feeling it usually just... maybe I'm relating vlogging too much to singing LOL

Reaction score
Right but if you're trying to force something you're not feeling it usually just... maybe I'm relating vlogging too much to singing LOL
Haha, nah, I'm talking both. As they say, "Shut up and sing"...or "Shut up and vlog".

Unless you're talking about musculature. In which case, yeah, forcing stuff vocally isn't good.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
Haha, nah, I'm talking both. As they say, "Shut up and sing"...or "Shut up and vlog".

Unless you're talking about musculature. In which case, yeah, forcing stuff vocally isn't good.
well then I'd have to disagree for me at least. When I'm trying to force it and it's not happening, I can try and try and try and MAYBE squeeze out something DECENT. If I just wait till that excitement and energy is there instead? I get a way better end result in half the time.