IF YOU WATCH CLOTHING HAUL VIDEOS- What format do you prefer?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I see a lot of different 'formats' of 'haul' videos, specifically clothing haul videos and I was wondering your opinions on them, if you do watch those kinds of videos (Of course, I know not everyone does!).

Do you prefer the person to add 'try on' sections (at the time the item is being 'unboxed', or alternatively all at the end of the video?) or just show the clothing?
Do you prefer a 'lookbook' style video?
What makes you click on a 'clothing haul' video??

I personally like (and kind of avoid videos without-) 'try on' haul videos, I like being able to actually see the clothes on a PERSON.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I rarely watch those kinds of videos, but if they don't try on the clothing, it always feels like I've wasted my time... :/ I want to see what stuff looks like on a person more similar to myself instead of guessing what things might look like by looking at the tall and thin supermodels wearing the outfits on the store's website... :eek:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I don't watch those kinds of videos either, but if I did, I'd definitely want to see the person wearing the clothes. From a YouTube strategy point of view, I'd recommend doing the unboxing and showing the clothes (not being worn) first for each item but say something like "I'll show you me wearing all these clothes at the end of the video, so make sure you watch to the end!" - That way, you can hopefully increase your view time and audience retention stats because more people will watch to the end.

For the thumbnail, you could do a split screen- On the left you have a picture of an item of clothing being unboxed with a big arrow pointing to the right where you are wearing it. I think that could get a lot of clicks. You could also do a title that focuses on the price of the goods and maybe the discounts you got. Basically anything that peaks the viewer's interest.

Reactions: KatyAdelson