If you want your channel critiqued, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

magfedcuesta

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would like a review, please. Thanks :)

MrMauriceTL

Random Let's Play Gamer!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sure, you can review my channel if you want! I would really, really appreciate that! ;)

magfedcuesta

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Panning is when your camera moves across an image. Think sweeping landscape cinematics XD[DOUBLEPOST=1457030767,1457025994][/DOUBLEPOST]

This is really cool stuff!

*I love the camera view on the paintball battle vids. Really gets you into the action and it's good quality AV.

*I like the 'hit' bits but I think it could be improved. When you get mutliple hits it'd be good to have them get bigger in succession. Also I think the red's not the best choice (at least in that format). White text, angular font with a black border could be more effective (maybe the Times New Roman style 'Hit!').

*The thumbnails are a bit vague. I'd like to see more contrast in the screencap and maybe a more zoomed angle. Emphasis on a mid-shot or engagement would look great!

*I also checked your Milsig SMG Loadout vids and one thing I thought was a bit raw was the text overlayed onto the SMG. The green is really thin and doesn't have much character. Again a border (black) and a more pronounced size would help.

*Also with the part I mentioned above instead of a still image of the SMG It'd be really cool to have some unique pan/zoom shots of the SMG.

Overall this is a very solid channel. You know what you're doing with filming/editing it just needs a bit of polish. Great content & consistent uploads. I'll be keeping an eye on you :cheerbeer:
wow... thanks a lot! you really went in depth there... I appreciate the feedback! I will definitely be using your tips and advice!

Grizzly Guernsey Gamer

The Grizzliest Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
what does panning mean :confused: and thanks i corrected the link
Thanks for the review
Panning is when your camera moves across an image. Think sweeping landscape cinematics XD[DOUBLEPOST=1457030767,1457025994][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would like a review, please. Thanks :)
This is really cool stuff!

*I love the camera view on the paintball battle vids. Really gets you into the action and it's good quality AV.

*I like the 'hit' bits but I think it could be improved. When you get mutliple hits it'd be good to have them get bigger in succession. Also I think the red's not the best choice (at least in that format). White text, angular font with a black border could be more effective (maybe the Times New Roman style 'Hit!').

*The thumbnails are a bit vague. I'd like to see more contrast in the screencap and maybe a more zoomed angle. Emphasis on a mid-shot or engagement would look great!

*I also checked your Milsig SMG Loadout vids and one thing I thought was a bit raw was the text overlayed onto the SMG. The green is really thin and doesn't have much character. Again a border (black) and a more pronounced size would help.

*Also with the part I mentioned above instead of a still image of the SMG It'd be really cool to have some unique pan/zoom shots of the SMG.

Overall this is a very solid channel. You know what you're doing with filming/editing it just needs a bit of polish. Great content & consistent uploads. I'll be keeping an eye on you :cheerbeer:
[DOUBLEPOST=1457031350][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sure, you can review my channel if you want! I would really, really appreciate that! ;)
Okay let's crack on:

*Checked out your Layers of Fear vid, but it was a bit of a slow start. I'd suggest getting through the menu faster so you have less time to pad out at the loading screen.

*Good AV Quality.

*Good use of the facecam. Nice border, not too intrusive etc.

*I'd like to hear reactions of how you're feeling/what you think during the gameplay. There's a lot of text reading and single word reactions.

*Good Thumbnails/channel Art.

*Consistent uploads: great work.

Not much to critique to be honest. Your channel's doing well, I can see the improvement as you've been going and I'd say it's mainly just practise to make your content better =D

HeadSpread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
So I'd love some feedback. I think my biggest problem at the moment is that my videos are a bit too long and it's hard to maintain people's attention until the end.

Looking objectively, I think the general production values are ok but I could improve the branding and refine the subject matter, do you agree?

I'd love some honest feedback and would be more than happy to do the same for some of you guys in return.

In general terms I'd like to find out how to make my channel better and more engaging. Thanks :)

Grizzly Guernsey Gamer

The Grizzliest Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I'd love some feedback. I think my biggest problem at the moment is that my videos are a bit too long and it's hard to maintain people's attention until the end.

Looking objectively, I think the general production values are ok but I could improve the branding and refine the subject matter, do you agree?

I'd love some honest feedback and would be more than happy to do the same for some of you guys in return.

In general terms I'd like to find out how to make my channel better and more engaging. Thanks :)
Okay I'll keep in mind what you mentioned:

*I'm not too concerned on video length tbh. It's not over the top and it's an okay time for a reaction-based video.

*I'd only have the banner with everyone's name for their first appearance in the video. Otherwise people will glance over to see the same information.

*That said some of the exposition at the end seems to be unimportant. I'd suggest really skimming out on some of the more bland impressions and focus on the more interesting points.

*Really good AV quality and editing.

*The thumbnails need a bit of work IMO. The text is waaay too thin/small and clutters the image. (Also, stay away from the bottom right corner, the text'll get covered with the time-stamp.

*Okay thumbnails but I think a page from the fine bros' thumbnails could be in order (despite their shady recent actions XD). Bright background colour maybe with the video context overlayed and with a bit of contrast to make it stand out.

*The channel logo is a bit misleading to me. It reminds me a lot of markiplier and doesn't really gel with the video content. I think a Union Jack somewhere would help due to the nature of the channel. (Same goes for the banner).

*The new poll option in the cards may benefit your video concerning engagement. You could ask l=something like: 'Are you looking forward to Fantastic Beats?' etc.

That's all I got. Hope it helps =]

Reactions: HeadSpread

BlueBin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Any feedback is appreciated.

seiya kiing

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
sorry for the late reply!
anyway thank you soo much.
that was awesome review and really help me a lot to improve myself.
thank you! :D

supimnathan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just hit 1000 subs and would love a review of my channel so far! :)

I am mainly into informative videos. Here is one of them:

I do want to start doing some gameplay and maybe reviews and thoughts on games. Here is my first video following that idea:

Thanks in advance! :)

Conor Taylor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you are still reviewing channels, I would really appreciate your opinion on what I can do to improve my videos. I have some ideas in mind but would always like a second impartial opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.