If you had to start all the way over on YouTube what would be ONE thing you would change?

Tabbes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Make better drawings..

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would not make daily videos but do 3/4 a week from the start. I started with daily videos and it was a nightmare. There were/are so many things to learn that I was just rushing out content with very little time to improve/optimize my workflow and skills.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I've moved your thread to the strategy/technique forum. :)

HaileySimone

✈ IN THE AIR ✈
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer
I agree about the SEO. As well as the starting 7 years ago lol

Reactions: Emuhleigh

TheKingCranee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The way I got to 1,000 subscribers. Here is the thing though, I don't think I want to restart if I had to because every step is a learning lesson.

Reactions: Emuhleigh

Emuhleigh

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Better video and audio quality for sure. Lighting, lots of lighting.
Oh my gosh, I went for the longest time not knowing anything about "white balance" so my videos where horrible light wise. I always thought it was just my sucky webcam. :crying:[DOUBLEPOST=1475426824,1475426735][/DOUBLEPOST]
The way I got to 1,000 subscribers. Here is the thing though, I don't think I want to restart if I had to because every step is a learning lesson.
I agree! I just read your post and that was exactly what I was thinking. You lived and learn! You can now take that experience and help others. :D

Samiphany

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I would have emphasized quality over quantity. In the beginning I wanted to create videos of high quality and do it often, but there was so much I needed to learn that I'd only learn via trial and error. So in the process I published videos sometimes with major audio and visual issues - Or have tech issues during recording that I didn't know how to troubleshoot. The best way get through that trial and error phase is be willing to go through it with imperfections even if it means posting less often and doing research about best practices.

Reactions: Inversion

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Probably started about 2-3 years earlier than I have done and I'd have really looked into SEO and minutia of how channels work (Playlist organisation, hi res thumbnails, time management ect...)

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I can't believe there's actual Tabbes here saying that she wished she had better drawings! :D
Anywhoo - definitely talk slower in the first two videos. Record on the same day. And get professional help for editing straight away.
Other than that, I'm a pretty young channel so no major regrets yet.