If you had to start all the way over on YouTube what would be ONE thing you would change?

Emuhleigh

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For me, I think I would try to get the hang of SEO early on and hopefully get my videos out that way instead of heavily relying on social media. What about you guys? :)

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I could start over, with the knowledge I have now, I would also invest a lot more time into SEO. It seems to play such a huge, significant role in a channel's success that starting over with a solid foundation and understanding of SEO would go soooo far into launching a successful YouTube channel.
Also, starting over, I would spend a lot more time learning how to use not only hardware but software. I have found myself spending a lot more time recently looking into using both the hardware and software I own.

Reactions: Emuhleigh

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would practice first. Play act for the kids for a few weeks. Because the kids had zero acting experience, and I had zero movie making and zero editing experience, the first few months our videos were clumsy and not very engaging. But it was a learning curve that needed to happen. It might have been better to learn those skills first and launch with much more engaging videos.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Either getting the hang of SEO Like you said, or maybe having better equipment so I could record in 1080 p instead of 720 p.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Having uniform openings and closings and buying the top equipment all ahead of time. Oh yea and never signing up for Reddit

DieuGirl

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
If I had to do it over, I would probably focus more on God than just talking, made my channel intro, made a proper banner and profile image, and not used sub for sub.

FearTheReaper

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me, I think I would try to get the hang of SEO early on and hopefully get my videos out that way instead of heavily relying on social media. What about you guys? :)
Without a doubt I would do my best to get my own equipment and not rely on others. That was the reason I stopped for about two years. The person whose computer I was using left and I had nothing. I practically had to start from scratch, but that was a valuable lesson that I learned. One other thing I would change would be to do more live commentaries as those have been significantly more successful than my other commentless videos :bounce:.