If You Choose To Deliberately Use Copyright Media On YouTube

I see. Well that's good. Every claim I receive gets disputed and ultimately won by me. I even had a letter threatening they would sue me if I didn't retract my counter-notification. I got this from Ace of Base. Dudes, submitting the counter-notification is me saying to sue me if you want to keep it down. Threatening just shows your weak hand. Nothing happened from it.

I really hope you don't want to take Polydor on in court, they are owned by Universal and that will not end well.

I really hope you don't want to take Polydor on in court, they are owned by Universal and that will not end well.
This was Playground Music Scandinavia. So far they are the only ones who have threatened to take me to court over it. But I've had somewhere between 130 and 150 videos taken down since 2016 and so far all of them have come back up from counter notifications and this is the only legal threat I've received. Most of these takedowns were from Universal, Viacom, Disney, or Sony.

This was Playground Music Scandinavia. So far they are the only ones who have threatened to take me to court over it. But I've had somewhere between 130 and 150 videos taken down since 2016 and so far all of them have come back up from counter notifications and this is the only legal threat I've received. Most of these takedowns were from Universal, Viacom, Disney, or Sony.

My response would be "go ahead, sue me". I bet they have no intention of doing it at all, it's an empty threat.

There is a new demonetization move being made by YouTube in the wake of the new rules. If you use copyright media and simply choose to accept any claims made against your videos, you need to be aware of this new move. It is indeed briefly stated in the YouTube Help section, but until now has never been broadly enforced.

YouTube is now sending out emails declaring channels which consist largely of copyright media ineligible for monetization. There are two forms these emails take: one will allow the channel owner to reapply to the YouTube Partner Program once 30 days have passed, and is accompanied by a change to the Monetization channel Feature Box which states "This channel is currently ineligible for monetization. Learn More". The second one will say that the owner is being disabled for "repeated submission of ineligible material and/or insufficient documentation"; and is accompanied by a change to the Monetization Feature Box which states the same, and will not allow the channel owner to reapply to the YPP with that channel.

In addition, channels consisting largely of copyright media are showing up with the following Monetization Feature Box Statment: "Monetization has been disabled on this channel due to Adsense Policy Violation", though that statement may also appear for other reasons. People seem to forget that attempted monetization of third party copyright media, without proper licensing and obtaining Commercial Use Rights violates Adsense Policy as well as YouTube Partner Program Policy.

In closing, I just want to warn all here that using copyright music or video and hoping to get away with just a CID claim is no longer the safest road if you want to retain your YouTube Monetization.

this is messed up. I just emailed Warner chappelle music and was told if I clicked the button to acknowledge I have used third party content it automatically gives me the right to use it due to their new license deal with YouTube. The person who emailed me signed his name as the president of YouTube Licensing at Warner. What do we do in this instance?

this is messed up. I just emailed Warner chappelle music and was told if I clicked the button to acknowledge I have used third party content it automatically gives me the right to use it due to their new license deal with YouTube. The person who emailed me signed his name as the president of YouTube Licensing at Warner. What do we do in this instance?
I would cautiously trust the "Big Name" in this instance. If YT chooses to demonetize you, you can present that email as a defence; don't lose it!

Back