If you are Vlogging I am guessing you watch Casey Niestat

Tom theWildlife

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I have met a lot of Vloggers since starting my channel and literally everyone of them was inspired by watching Casey Niestat Vlogs. So I am curious now how many of you were inspired by him to start your own channel or maybe another channel? Let me know below who inspired you to start Youtube? :D

Reactions: TheVlogTheory

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am not vloging but I have in the past watch few of his vlogs. If I remember correctly he used to be a film director, so his vlogs are more like short films, well shoot and edited, beautiful to watch. He has video on how to vlog, a must see if you want to vlog yourself. :)

Reactions: Tom theWildlife

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I might have seen one of his videos, but I don´t actively follow him and actively watch his videos!
I don´t see his appeal though, as I don´t usually watch vloggers often, and when I do, I only watch a few select few. I am very picky on that kind of stuff!

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Only thing I know from casey you is the music he uses lol. I've found some amazing tracks for my videos thanks to his channel. Other than that I don't really watch his stuff, not my kind of thing really.

danyatm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'm a vlogger. My opinion, always need to follow the leaders. There is something to learn.How much I'm worth on YouTube - so much I'm learning.I can name a few but the list is constantly changing.I do not remember when I just watched the video of top vloggers simply not trying to analyze :)

Last edited:

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i just googled casey neistat and his content is very uninviting to someone who knows nothing about them. i certainly wouldn't want my vlogs to look like his, they're very saturated and pop-culture-y. not my vibe.

danyatm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
i just googled casey neistat and his content is very uninviting to someone who knows nothing about them. i certainly wouldn't want my vlogs to look like his, they're very saturated and pop-culture-y. not my vibe.
I think he has something to learn.Million views, millions of subscribers ... Like it or not it's a matter of taste.
Do not forget that blogging has several basic concepts.
Your and his blog are designed for different viewers
But I'm sure that it's quite possible to learn from some of the more successful channels on some issues.Even if the concepts are different

DanAwesomeStuff

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I love Casey and am hugely inspired by him, but I always have to air on the side of caution as just because I am inspired by him doesn't mean I want to legit copy everything he does or his style. I think Casey has inspired me to find my own style, and using trial and error I'm sort of still navigating that and as a content creator I think I always will be.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I don't vlog, but I sometimes watch Casey's videos. He gives me ideas! I like his transitions between clips and the flow of his videos. I feel like I've learned a lot about video production from occasionally watching him.

However, sometimes he pops up with a somewhat extreme opinion without supporting facts, and they come across as a bit alienating to some groups of people (the Hillary Clinton video comes to mind). It always seems so out-of-character because he usually makes so many props and charts to help explain his ideas. But...everyone has opinions. I know I have my own strong opinions about certain things lol.

I think he juggles a lot of work and is talented at what he does - I admire his seemingly endless motivation and strong work ethic. ^^

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I haven't watched a lot of his vlogs, but you can see his influence all over the place. Some of his techniques are great, but a lot of them can be used without enough thought and you can see it when someone sets down a camera and walks past it, let's say, for no real reason. Story is always going to work over whatever techniques you add in.