If im using toys and puppets in my videos?

The Bear Two Show

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im using toys and stuffed animals in my web series, do i have to worry or look out for copyright issues?

i know a puppet i use is still being used as part of a guys show on tour? and a few toys are beanie babies and trade marked toys like that, so will i get in trouble for using them?

TheBatteryChicken

Level 34 Drug Dealer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have known people who have had their videos taken down for wearing suits of characters that are on TV shows etc

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is not legal advice. I am not an attorney. I choose to make my presentations review-style so that I can minimize my exposure to copyright holders filing claims on my content. While some of the biggest YouTube channels are making millions of dollars a year creating stories with toys, I don't want to build my channel on a slippery slope.

In your case, I would pay somebody to make some custom stuffed animals so that you don't have to worry about it. If they use a pre-existing pattern, I would alter the design.

Gourmet Gamer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, you can. Best to create your own puppets and toys. its not hard and can be loads of fun.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess the Fred channel is getting into puppets as well. I'm not sure if the puppets were custom made for Fred or not.