Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

If I view my own videos does youtube count that as a view??

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by Tropical365, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Tropical365
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $152
    Good point, I wish I had started this whole youtube thing 15 yrs ago. When I was in high school 20 yrs ago nobody was using social media. Now I feel really old LOL

2. Tropical365
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $152
    I decided to keep my OLD channel :) I created a new fresh new test channel and my video was getting ZERO views. It's really not easy starting a channel from scratch. I'm very grateful to have my old channel where I'm at least getting some views. I also now have a custom URL for my channel... there was a problem with my account in regards to the URL and I was able to contact youtube directly and they fixed it... they replied within 24 hours and were very helpful!

3. Courtney Candice
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $113
    Do YouTube for fun, don’t worry about the views right now. The more you worry about subscribers and views it takes away the fun of making them. Most big YouTubers started out for fun and that’s when they started to gain subscribers, people who watch videos your videos can tell if you’re doing it for fun or doing it just for the views, they will subscribe you just have to be patient and have fun!

GameplayPandaTV likes this.
  4. Messages:
    Cash:
    $7
    This was really great advice for a new youtuber like me, I was everyday struggling on myself finding the root cause of why my channel isn't growing. Maybe I should be more open and have fun on doing youtube instead ..:unsure:

Courtney Candice likes this.
  5. Dutchie in England
    Exploring England one video at a time!
    Cash:
    $32
    That should be your starting point! People will absolutely notice if you are not having fun while making your videos. Filming and editting become a drag real quick if you're not enjoying what you do.

6. Smartie
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $153
    You shouldn't be worried about views when you first start off a channel, that will demotivate you. Keep making videos you love to make. Keep posting on a regular. Growth takes a lot of time, patience is virtue. I started from nothing, now I'm slowly growing in a good pace. I'm starting to feel more happier as I grow. Keep it simple and don't over think the situation.

7. Tropical365
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $152
    Thanks I agree you guys make a good point :) it's certainly more fun creating videos when someone actually watches them though. It's less fun when you get zero views, yikes. I know everyone has to start out somewhere though.

8. Jawad Soomro
    I'm a Human!
    Cash:
    $12,642
    Even if you view your own videos, YouTube will freeze your views at 301+ unless you get original views from people from IP address different from your IP. YouTube refines the views and keep original views.

Tropical365 likes this.
  9. Courtney Candice
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $113
    I know if you have ads turned on and you keep viewing your own videos you can get a community guideline strike, it goes against their policy

10. Tropical365
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $152
    Thanks that's good to know... not that I have any intention of monetizing any of my videos anytime soon.

Courtney Candice likes this.