If I partner up with YouTube... will they send more viewers my way??

SkidRowTrash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Here's a question...

Do people who partner up with YouTube get their content served to more viewers than those who are not?
I expect the answer is "OF COURSE!" but I thought I'd check with you all to see what you think.

YouTube currently runs at a loss, it has never been profitable so far however it does have over 1 billion users. Every change they make is designed to make more money. When people watch videos with ads, YouTube makes money. When people watch videos with no ads who are not partnered with YouTube, YouTube loses money and pays for the bandwidth...

If I was a shareholder I would expect YouTube to favor YouTubers who run ads and to serve the most ads as possible / not lose money.

It only makes sense that if you partner you would get better search results and recommended more. Can anyone confirm this?

I woke up this morning to find I had lost 10 subs (50% of last months gains), I think the usual behind the scenes YouTube hi-jinks are at play. I feel like now is the time I should step up my game if possible but also partner with them and have a few ads.

Any thoughts?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
YouTube DOES favor channels with high minutes-watched times and high retention times.. and why? So they can show more ads (more time watching = more potential ad views).
I have not seen/read anything about Youtube favoring channels that show ads, but in theory, they should ..unless there is some kind of conflict of interest thing going on preventing them from doing this.

Reactions: SkidRowTrash

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the YouTube partnership discussion forum. ^^

SkidRowTrash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I moved this to the YouTube partnership discussion forum. ^^
Yeah I noticed that. Thanks for killing the thread, that's real helpful of you. You might as well just have deleted it.

You know I posted it in the area called "Youtube Chat, Gossip and Help". I was looking for help and to chat about view increases and hear if there was any Youtube gossip or rumors about this being a thing. I specifically posted it in there after reading all of the topic areas because it is the one that made sense.

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Here's a question...

Do people who partner up with YouTube get their content served to more viewers than those who are not?
I expect the answer is "OF COURSE!" but I thought I'd check with you all to see what you think.

YouTube currently runs at a loss, it has never been profitable so far however it does have over 1 billion users. Every change they make is designed to make more money. When people watch videos with ads, YouTube makes money. When people watch videos with no ads who are not partnered with YouTube, YouTube loses money and pays for the bandwidth...

If I was a shareholder I would expect YouTube to favor YouTubers who run ads and to serve the most ads as possible / not lose money.

It only makes sense that if you partner you would get better search results and recommended more. Can anyone confirm this?

I woke up this morning to find I had lost 10 subs (50% of last months gains), I think the usual behind the scenes YouTube hi-jinks are at play. I feel like now is the time I should step up my game if possible but also partner with them and have a few ads.

Any thoughts?
Is there an article somewhere that states that YouTube is definitely operating at a loss? Because as far as I know, there are no concrete figures proving that since Alphabet doesn't release specific numbers.

Sorry if this is a bit off-tangent. XD

SkidRowTrash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Since I can't post links in here (I don't think) do a search on google for Youtube loses money. I can only find stuff from 2015 but there is a lot of info on it. There's been lots of changes since then, most likely to increase their ad revenue.

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Since I can't post links in here (I don't think) do a search on google for Youtube loses money. I can only find stuff from 2015 but there is a lot of info on it. There's been lots of changes since then, most likely to increase their ad revenue.
Yeah, that's exactly what I did and I found the same kind of stuff. It's all mostly speculation.

Since YouTube is backed by a company like Alphabet though and it seems like they're committed to making it work out, I doubt they're that desperate to get money. I mean they are introducing new revenue models at the moment.