If I make a music video to a copyrighted song will it affect my channel if I upload it?

AndrewProductionsTV

Director | FilmMaker | Ranter
So i made a music video for skrillex's new song, and it is copyrighted, basically I am doing this in hope that it will get me a lot of views. Not that it's all about views, but who doesn't want their stuff to be seen? If I upload it I could always delete it later, I'm not with a network and I probably won be joining one any time soon. If I upload this video will it affect my account at all? I test uploaded just the song and it doesn't give you a strike.

Just because you uploaded the song and you didn't get a strike straight away doesn't mean you won't eventually get a strike, I personally wouldn't risk it as you know it's copyrighted. Copyright is there for a reason and you would be breaking it on purpose.

So i made a music video for skrillex's new song, and it is copyrighted, basically I am doing this in hope that it will get me a lot of views. Not that it's all about views, but who doesn't want their stuff to be seen? If I upload it I could always delete it later, I'm not with a network and I probably won be joining one any time soon. If I upload this video will it affect my account at all? I test uploaded just the song and it doesn't give you a strike.
if you upload it with monetization on (making money of of it) the chance of a strike does come faster.
If you do not monetize it and NOT make money of of it, it should not be such a great big of a deal. But again, it depends from company to company.

Back