If I changed channel name few times will people who type in old channel name still pull up channel?

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
I started a channel back in 2011 and if I recall correctly I changed the channel name a few times (this was so long ago I cannot even remember what names I had, oops (I really wasn't paying attention to be honest as I didn't even start using the channel at all until a year ago). So 12 months ago my channel had zero videos uploaded and wasn't even in use.
... but my channel name has remained the same for the past few months... but I now need to change it one final time (this will be a permanent change) as I am now going to be taking youtube seriously... but am worried if people type in my old channel name that has been in use for the past few months will youtube still direct people to the same channel?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think if they type in your old channel name it will direct them to your YouTube channel if it’s the same account. I know the last time u checked you can only change your channel name once or twice and then you’re not allowed to change it anymore

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have just checked it with subaruwrxfan. His new name is Matt Maran Motoring but when you type subaruwrxfan it still ends up pulling up his page. Now when other people take over the name you dropped, I think you might see cross contamination.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What I would do to ensure you are linked correctly is just to start tagging your new videos with your old username as well!

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
You can change your YouTube channel tags as well. Type your old username in there and that should do the job.