If i change a published video to private do I lose the channel views?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Searched for an answer to this one but I can only find information about deleting a video -which does remove any views the video contributed to your channel total.
But what If you simply change the video to private??.. do you keep the views or does it also delete them? Thanks

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It removes the views from your public view number amount (so...it will show a negative amount of views on public statistic-tracking sites like Social Blade), but the views aren't permanently deleted when a video becomes private or unlisted. The views will "come back" to your total public views number if/when you make the video public again. ^_^

LexiWM

Reaction score
I am confused because the total views aren't back to normal. I don't understand... I privated it but I wanted to post it again but then the views aren't there anymore. I am really sad about it...

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am confused because the total views aren't back to normal. I don't understand... I privated it but I wanted to post it again but then the views aren't there anymore. I am really sad about it...
The channel views total only updates every few days or so. And sometimes it takes even longer. I had a about a 3 week stretch lately where the total didn't update!

Reactions: LexiWM

LexiWM

Reaction score
The channel views total only updates every few days or so. And sometimes it takes even longer. I had a about a 3 week stretch lately where the total didn't update!
Okay thanks!