If a video gets claimed

YouTubeKid100

Reaction score
Do you get paid the money you made up until it gets claimed, or does everything you made go to them even before they claimed it?

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes you get the money the video made "before" it was claimed however the moment the video is claimed you won't get money from it at all.

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
What about if it gets unclaimed. Do you get compensation?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the copyright and video claims discussion forum ^^

YouTubeKid100

Reaction score
Are you sure the person claiming doesn't get the earnings from even before they claim it?

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If you disputed and win you do.
However, almost all companies deny the first dispute and only give in when you dispute a second time with a copyright strike on the line, which I'm pretty sure means they get to pocket all the money you've generated for the 20+ days the first dispute takes to get settled.

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
However, almost all companies deny the first dispute and only give in when you dispute a second time with a copyright strike on the line, which I'm pretty sure means they get to pocket all the money you've generated for the 20+ days the first dispute takes to get settled.
Sir Youtube has improved content id claims. I would link it but i cannot.

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Sir Youtube has improved content id claims. I would link it but i cannot.
So what? The fact that they improved the process a bit doesn't mean what I typed doesn't happen commonly. I'm dealing with that problem at the very moment, hence why I made the post.

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So what? The fact that they improved the process a bit doesn't mean what I typed doesn't happen commonly. I'm dealing with that problem at the very moment, hence why I made the post.
I haven't had a company deny the first dispute. It took forever for a claim i had to be released though which was bullcrap because it wasn't their stuff. Yes the Content ID system is broken at least Youtube improved on it. They can only do so much under DMCA rules and fair use hasn't been updated forever so it's a grey area. The money is held while the video is in dispute then it goes to whoever wins although i dunno what happens if they deny the first dispute and you try again.