If A Channel Makes Thousands From Copyrighted Footage, What Happens?

Aster LD

Reaction score
Sorry if the title is a little confusing.

I am basically asking if a channel makes thousands and thousands of using copyrighted footage but then the copyright holder decide to take the channel down. What happens? Will the channel just keep the thousands he has made or will they come after the money?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

NoirAscii

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Due to the fact that it is infringement to use copyrighted content, if it is usable to the copyright holder for monetary purposes, then they do reserve the right to take action against damages to their revenue. So the answer is yes, but it depends on whether or not the copyright holder decides to take such action.

Reactions: Aster LD

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Any monies in the Adsense account of the channel owner at the time of the takedown will be returned to the advertisers who paid to place ads on the channel. Monies paid out before the takedown may be reclaimable by a lawsuit if Google chooses to sue the creator for fraudulent receipt of revenue. Note that financial fraud of any type is also a criminal offense.

Reactions: Aster LD

ericshift1

Reaction score
Sorry if the title is a little confusing.

I am basically asking if a channel makes thousands and thousands of using copyrighted footage but then the copyright holder decide to take the channel down. What happens? Will the channel just keep the thousands he has made or will they come after the money?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
So let's say you make $5000 off of my videos and I finally discover it and have it removed, you would be able to keep the money assuming I didn't give you 3 strikes. Under no circumstances would I get the money.