Identifying a source of new subscribers

DiscoGnome

Reaction score
Hi, I have a small gaming channel, with a niche in Fallout 4 mods, (I'm not giving away any secrets, as it's pretty obvious if you look at my channel.)

Got an uptick in subscribers the past couple of days. Lately i've been getting anywhere from 5-7 subs a day. The beginning of this week that became 10-20 subs/day.
Yesterday I got 118, and I have another 50 or so early this AM.

I think I've found the video that started this, because it's got a sharp increase in comments. It's not new, (posted last sept.) and hasnt really been shared. It would be my third or fourth best producing vid in terms of views. Most of the new views are coming from youtube's "browse features" if I'm reading the analytics right.

I can see this spike in views among my most popular videos, (which aren't necessarily my newest..they're months old in some cases) my latest videos dont have this spike.

Normally I'd say someone shared/posted my video somewhere, but that doesnt seem to be the case, the external traffic is "meh"

so what gives? Is Youtube showcasing my best performing vids?[DOUBLEPOST=1496043501,1496042307][/DOUBLEPOST]the video in question also has a large number of Youtube Red views over the past couple of days.
many more than any of my other vids.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
This is very channel-specific, so I've moved it to the Reviews/Channel feedback forum. ^_^