Ideal time to post videos?

RhysP

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the best time is to upload? Trying to create an upload schedule rn.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Post one now:up2: A lot of the channels I follow have posted today so maybe saturday is a good day who knows:) I know tools like Tubebuddy have suggestions for "best time to upload" but I havent got a clue if it´s any good

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you mean time of day? or what day? i think there is a way to find out but idk i just post when i want consistently and that seems to work out okay for me so far.

RhysP

Reaction score
Do you mean time of day? or what day? i think there is a way to find out but idk i just post when i want consistently and that seems to work out okay for me so far.
Both

Illuminated Nerd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
YouTubs own analytics tool appears to be able to analyse things down to which "day" is best (using the filter "last week", you can see what day had the most views), but it doesn't break it down to the "hour". As mentioned, the TubeBuddy tool helps analyse your traffic and determines your best day and time of the week to upload based on when you get the most traffic to your videos. I feel TubeBuddy is sort of a required tool if you're serious about looking for ways to optimize your channel in ways other than looking at your content itself. I always post on Sundays because I work on my videos Fridays/Saturdays and that's working for me fine. Nevertheless, TubeBuddy suggested to me that I should be posting Thursdays at 4pm. Go figure :)

RhysP

Reaction score
YouTubs own analytics tool appears to be able to analyse things down to which "day" is best (using the filter "last week", you can see what day had the most views), but it doesn't break it down to the "hour". As mentioned, the TubeBuddy tool helps analyse your traffic and determines your best day and time of the week to upload based on when you get the most traffic to your videos. I feel TubeBuddy is sort of a required tool if you're serious about looking for ways to optimize your channel in ways other than looking at your content itself. I always post on Sundays because I work on my videos Fridays/Saturdays and that's working for me fine. Nevertheless, TubeBuddy suggested to me that I should be posting Thursdays at 4pm. Go figure :)
I already use TubeBuddy - it's very helpful!

Reactions: Illuminated Nerd

Illuminated Nerd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've heard someone suggest that Friday afternoon is the best time to post videos. Picture this: You're tired from your work week, you probably had a liquid lunch (2 beers), and now you're just looking for cat videos to get to 5pm so you can fast-exit the office and head home for the weekend. Seems legit.

Reactions: RhysP

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do it monday, as it seems less popular.
If everyone posts at the most popular times, competition increases.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you can use the YouTube analytics to help determine your highest view times and schedule to post at this time. Really in my opinion it doesn't matter you should just post when you are uploaded, unless its something that is time sensitive.