idea for marketing your videos

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What if you made multiple accounts under different names and post your videos and send them to various people on Twitter etc? They wouldn't know you were the youtuber sharing the video and they might watch it more? I got this idea from a few youtubers I spoke to at VidCon

King Christo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nahhhh dont do that. Thats like soam in a way. Sending your own videos to other people is not how it should be done. Try paying less attention to the numbers, and just upload, and talk on this forum. You will eventually get views and subs just by doing that. Not that I have many views or subs, Im just saying though...

Reactions: KristryMorgan

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Nahhhh dont do that. Thats like soam in a way. Sending your own videos to other people is not how it should be done. Try paying less attention to the numbers, and just upload, and talk on this forum. You will eventually get views and subs just by doing that. Not that I have many views or subs, Im just saying though...
how is it considered spam? One Youtuber at Vidcon said they have over 20 different twitter accounts all under different names and tweet their vids pretending they are fans of themselves and they all tweet on each account once a day which doesn't seem like spam to me

King Christo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
how is it considered spam? One Youtuber at Vidcon said they have over 20 different twitter accounts all under different names and tweet their vids pretending they are fans of themselves and they all tweet on each account once a day which doesn't seem like spam to me
No one wants to be bothered with your videos on twitter. Its advertising that isnt needed. This is what I consider that person at VidCom. I call him. Fake. If you need to make 20 twitter accounts just to be popular on youtube, somewhere something has gone wrong.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
No one wants to be bothered with your videos on twitter. Its advertising that isnt needed. This is what I consider that person at VidCom. I call him. Fake. If you need to make 20 twitter accounts just to be popular on youtube, somewhere something has gone wrong.
How is that any different than say Sony having all their artists tweeting one video? Like Sony had Drake, Apple Music etc all tweeting one Taylor Swift video the entire day and it became a trending topic and it was revealed by Sony Music Director that every artists associated with Sony had to tweet Taylor's video to market it

King Christo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A
How is that any different than say Sony having all their artists tweeting one video? Like Sony had Drake, Apple Music etc all tweeting one Taylor Swift video the entire day and it became a trending topic and it was revealed by Sony Music Director that every artists associated with Sony had to tweet Taylor's video to market it
All those artists are real people with one account each. This is one person with 20 accounts. Difference is a go. One person should not have 20 accounts!

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think it's spam unless it's getting sent to the same person over and over. Cool if you do that that seems like a lot of work I'm too lazy and I procrastinate plenty. Seems like a good tactic, I say go for it !

Reactions: Brandon

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Seems like a lot of effort that would have very little outcome.. but I don't think this would be considered spam.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy / technique advice forum. ^^

I've seen some people do this, and it was obvious who they were...As an outsider, I didn't really like what they were doing, but whatever floats their boat, I suppose.

Reactions: Crown