I'd love a review from some real people on my fairly new channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonNights

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey everyone,

For the past 6 months or so I'm actively running a synthwave/retrowave/outrun music channel, and I'd love a review from some real people and not just recommendations from YT that I keep getting.

What do you guys think of it, the covers, the track thumbs, descriptions, etc. Where can I improve? What is good so far?

Note: I do my own design on the channel, most of the thumbnails are also created or custom edited by me.

Thank you!

mysticmotel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello! First of all....wow. Sweeet visuals you have on your videos. You really do those designs yourself?!
Your username is very fitting, which I think sums up your "vibe" and encapsulates it.

Personally I really love your style. Keep up the good work!

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm sorry, this reply is going to be useless in terms of criticism...

...because I love everything about this channel. (cliche baby!!)

The graphic style, the content, the thumbnails, the branding, the channel name is so fitting to your content (and I love the way it rolls off the tongue with alliteration). From a critical perspective, you're doing all the right things on your channel in regards to the content that you're producing, but I won't lie to you; from a personal viewer perspective I'm not a fan of this genre, but just because I don't like the content doesn't mean I can't respect and appreciate it for what it would be for a fan of the genre. I hope that made sense!

Every box has a tick in it my dude, just make sure you're utilizing SEO and social media marketing effectively, and I'm sure you'll be seeing success very shortly.

Reactions: NeonNights

NeonNights

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello! First of all....wow. Sweeet visuals you have on your videos. You really do those designs yourself?!
Your username is very fitting, which I think sums up your "vibe" and encapsulates it.

Personally I really love your style. Keep up the good work!
Whoa, thanks a bunch! :D And yes, every design is done by myself, the covers and thumbs are mostly of course pre-existing, but I try to edit most of them to add to them that 80's vibe. The exceptions to those are designs like the ones done by Syd Mead, his artwork is retro-futuristic, and there is really nothing that you can or should add or touch there. Another example, my profile pic here, it is also an image from the 80's, but I created my custom filter to spice it up a notch and to give it an even more appealing look[DOUBLEPOST=1490068521,1490066854][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm sorry, this reply is going to be useless in terms of criticism...

...because I love everything about this channel. (cliche baby!!)

The graphic style, the content, the thumbnails, the branding, the channel name is so fitting to your content (and I love the way it rolls off the tongue with alliteration). From a critical perspective, you're doing all the right things on your channel in regards to the content that you're producing, but I won't lie to you; from a personal viewer perspective I'm not a fan of this genre, but just because I don't like the content doesn't mean I can't respect and appreciate it for what it would be for a fan of the genre. I hope that made sense!

Every box has a tick in it my dude, just make sure you're utilizing SEO and social media marketing effectively, and I'm sure you'll be seeing success very shortly.
Your first sentence made me a bit worried, but later on... well I didn't expect that to be honest, and thanks a lot! :D

I appreciate your honesty, and I've also checked out your channel, I used to play overwatch too but my gpu died, now I am dry on games, haha, anyways good luck to you too and I hope to see you around!

Synthwave Arts

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
Hey i love your work keep up! Im doing the same synthwave channel too. Could you help me out too? Ive already subd ;D

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hey i love your work keep up! Im doing the same synthwave channel too. Could you help me out too? Ive already subd ;D

Hi and welcome to YTtalk. :)

This thread is old. Please don't bump very old threads - It is likely that some of the people are no longer active here and it is very confusing for those who are. ^^

Tip: You can see when a member was last online by hovering your cursor over their username below their avatar.

Feel free to start a new thread discussing this topic or reply to a more recent existing thread (less than 2 months old is recommended.)

Finally - just a friendly heads up - Sub for sub is against the rules here. :)

(If you need to contact any of the people who posted in this thread, you should use the contact information in their first post or you can leave them a message on their profiles by clicking on their username.)

Status
Not open for further replies.