I'd like to offer thoughtful reviews of your channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMBH

Nice Man
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We're all trying to get better at what we're doing, and I know how much I appreciate it when anyone takes the time to meaningfully interact with my Ten Minute Bible Hour channel or with my short films. I'm no expert at anything, but I'd be willing to look at what you're doing and offer some honest, friendly, for-what-they're-worth thoughts.

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
The biggest issue I have with my channel is the language barrier. As a non native english speaker, it is quite an issue. Also, I fear I sound boring while reading from the script, I drop some impovvisation every now and then, but just minor stuff. I'd like to know if my reading has improved in my last couple of videos, and what I can do to improve it.
Thank you :)

Florian Popp

good vibes!!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi man! That's probably what this forum made for.
Thanks for your offer.
For me I think for now it is the amount of videos I have (I make music). Maybe I need to think about my thumbnails.
I don't know. Thanks for your help.
Bless you brother

TMBH

Nice Man
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The biggest issue I have with my channel is the language barrier. As a non native english speaker, it is quite an issue. Also, I fear I sound boring while reading from the script, I drop some impovvisation every now and then, but just minor stuff. I'd like to know if my reading has improved in my last couple of videos, and what I can do to improve it.
Thank you :)
I spent a good amount of time perusing your channel, and I think you have a lot of good things going on. Here are my thoughts:
- You're doing a great job with your English. I know it's a difficult language, but it's the common tongue of the Internet and you've done a great job at learning it and writing in it. I wasn't distracted by your accent and I understood everything you were saying without exception.
- On a related note, I know it's tough to look into a camera and deliver your ideas in a second language, but I'd encourage you to try to move away from the cue cards or teleprompter that you seem to be referencing as you speak. You're a good communicator and you'll come off stronger if you seem more relaxed as you speak. I know this is hard, and I don't throw this out as a thing to fix today, but rather a goal to keep working toward.
- I like your theme music and your logo. I wouldn't change a thing.
- Your thumbnails are cool looking, but repetitive. That's okay for some types of channels, but your videos look dull from the thumbs. I'd encourage you to try to think of a way to communicate the central idea of each video in a fun way with your cover image.
- I like your subject matter and I learned some things by watching. It might be worth your while to deal with some really mainstream stuff that would draw people to your channel though.
- My biggest critique, and I offer this with great respect for what you've already accomplished, is that you seem stiff at times. You're clearly smart and savvy, and you should make that work for you. Try to find ways to have more fun with your audience and let them see your personality. That's what will separate you from other channels like yours.
I offer all these thoughts with respect and humbly as a non-expert. I think you are getting stronger as a speaker with each video and I'm rooting for you to succeed.
Best of luck.

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I spent a good amount of time perusing your channel, and I think you have a lot of good things going on. Here are my thoughts:
- You're doing a great job with your English. I know it's a difficult language, but it's the common tongue of the Internet and you've done a great job at learning it and writing in it. I wasn't distracted by your accent and I understood everything you were saying without exception.
- On a related note, I know it's tough to look into a camera and deliver your ideas in a second language, but I'd encourage you to try to move away from the cue cards or teleprompter that you seem to be referencing as you speak. You're a good communicator and you'll come off stronger if you seem more relaxed as you speak. I know this is hard, and I don't throw this out as a thing to fix today, but rather a goal to keep working toward.
- I like your theme music and your logo. I wouldn't change a thing.
- Your thumbnails are cool looking, but repetitive. That's okay for some types of channels, but your videos look dull from the thumbs. I'd encourage you to try to think of a way to communicate the central idea of each video in a fun way with your cover image.
- I like your subject matter and I learned some things by watching. It might be worth your while to deal with some really mainstream stuff that would draw people to your channel though.
- My biggest critique, and I offer this with great respect for what you've already accomplished, is that you seem stiff at times. You're clearly smart and savvy, and you should make that work for you. Try to find ways to have more fun with your audience and let them see your personality. That's what will separate you from other channels like yours.
I offer all these thoughts with respect and humbly as a non-expert. I think you are getting stronger as a speaker with each video and I'm rooting for you to succeed.
Best of luck.
Thank you, the script stuff is definitively something I need to take care of. Other people suggested me to rely more on memorization rather than straight reading, so I will need to take a look on that.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
nice channel yourself! you have a great backdrop for your subject, I wish I had a lovely library like that :)

I'd appreciate some feedback if possible. I'm thinking of changing my icon and channel banner to a newer version when I next upload, and I'm sort of on the fence about text in my thumbnails or not, but Id be happy with any little feedback if you have the time.

TMBH

Nice Man
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi man! That's probably what this forum made for.
Thanks for your offer.
For me I think for now it is the amount of videos I have (I make music). Maybe I need to think about my thumbnails.
I don't know. Thanks for your help.
Bless you brother
I spent about half an hour on your channel last night, and I intend to do more tonight. I should have some thoughts for you very soon. Thanks for your patience with me.

Reactions: Florian Popp

wonderwonderwonderman

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd love a review. My goal is to be a family-friendly gamer with content that everyone would feel comfortable watching, and I'm not sure if I'm succeeding. Any tips would be extremely helpful.

amberly

What a mug I am
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Hey I would love a general review on my channel always up for some constructive criticism :)

GreyStreetGirl

Blue Haired Chubby Kid
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Please, go ahead and look me over.... I could use all the help I could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.