I would love some honest feedback on my channel!

xjosbo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi everyone! I am kind of new here at YTtalk but loving the community so far. I run a daily family vlog with my family and would love some honest feedback or first impressions. Don't worry you won't hurt my feelings. It has been extremely difficult to get real feedback/criticism from family and friends. Our family has been making daily episodes now for about 8 months and love it but I still feel like we are missing something. There is so much to learn about on YouTube. I feel like I am learning something new every day.

Anything you notice will be helpful to me, really I just want to make our family channel the best I can. We have a lot of subscribers coming from one video (the birth of my youngest son) but a very very low engagement rate. Any ideas or suggestions to improve engagement would be very much appreciated.

Thank you everyone for your help! If you want me to take a look at your channel or If there is anything I can do to help you, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you!

Katey Marie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Engagement rate is the hardest part of the youtube game! We're a small channel, we just started a few months ago, and are working on getting our engagement rate up, but the best advice we got was to keep videos short! People are more likely to finish a 10-12 minute video than they are a 20 minute video, at least until you get "fans". And the length people are watching your videos is just as important as the amount of people watching! I can only imagine how hard it would be to cut footage when you have adorable children! It's awesome you guys got so many subscribers from one video, and we wish you the best of luck with your channel!

Reactions: xjosbo

cambro630

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hmmm... I would just keep going, that really all you personally can do. You have really high quality videos on all fronts, specifically editing, it's superb.

If you wouldn't mind giving me some advice I'd super appreciate it!

So... I have been trying to decide my YouTube username for awhile now and I need to make a choice today. Here are the three contenders.

#1 - Manatee King ( nickname my buds gave me ).

#2 - camisawesomeuniverse ( my orginal username that already has 100 subs and over 10,000 views ).

#3 - Cameron James ( my name LOL )

Which one sounds best? Which one should I build a channel on?

Reactions: xjosbo

xjosbo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Engagement rate is the hardest part of the youtube game! We're a small channel, we just started a few months ago, and are working on getting our engagement rate up, but the best advice we got was to keep videos short! People are more likely to finish a 10-12 minute video than they are a 20 minute video, at least until you get "fans". And the length people are watching your videos is just as important as the amount of people watching! I can only imagine how hard it would be to cut footage when you have adorable children! It's awesome you guys got so many subscribers from one video, and we wish you the best of luck with your channel!
Thank you so much!! You guys are right on, I think sometimes My longer vlogs scare people away before they even click on the video. I will have to work on that. Thank you! I took a look at your channel and it looks like a lot of fun. Great work you guys!

xjosbo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hmmm... I would just keep going, that really all you personally can do. You have really high quality videos on all fronts, specifically editing, it's superb.

If you wouldn't mind giving me some advice I'd super appreciate it!

So... I have been trying to decide my YouTube username for awhile now and I need to make a choice today. Here are the three contenders.

#1 - Manatee King ( nickname my buds gave me ).

#2 - camisawesomeuniverse ( my orginal username that already has 100 subs and over 10,000 views ).

#3 - Cameron James ( my name LOL )

Which one sounds best? Which one should I build a channel on?
Thank you for the compliment!! Sorry I didn't notice your comment until today. If you have not picked I would stick with #2 it's fun and you already have a bit of a following going on. What kind of videos are you planning to upload? Thanks again!!

cambro630

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, longer videos will scare some off... but with your channel, it's what's best. You will find people in time who are willing to watch longer videos, look at the shaytards... it just takes time with channels like yours, it's not the kind of channel to blow up, but you'll get a strong and consent following, which is the best thing you can ask for.