I would like to have some feedback, please.

Johnny Nongamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys, considering that I am very very new at this, I would like a review/feedback on this.

Brief background:
On my channel, I review indie games from the view point as someone who is not necessarily interested in gaming.

There are three parts of this series. The first is "the unboxing". The second is "the first impression". The third is "So who made this game anyway?"

This video is for the second part ("first impression").

So by all means, please tear this apart and let me know how I can turn this into a better series.

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:

Vax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You have good video editing and such but the one area where I do feel that a lot of beginners (myself included) struggle with is audio. Knowing the levels of soundtrack, your mic and the gameplay is tricky to figure out at first finding what works for you but once you do it feels so much more professional. Another thing is enthusiasm in your voice, the more enthusiastic you are the more lively your content sounds (Took a bloody public speaking course when I was in college, dreaded it but it honestly helped me out) and in return the more entertaining your content is overall. Nonetheless I hope you have a great journey growing your content here on YouTube with the rest of us fellow noobies too. :)

Reactions: Johnny Nongamer

Johnny Nongamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You have good video editing and such but the one area where I do feel that a lot of beginners (myself included) struggle with is audio. Knowing the levels of soundtrack, your mic and the gameplay is tricky to figure out at first finding what works for you but once you do it feels so much more professional. Another thing is enthusiasm in your voice, the more enthusiastic you are the more lively your content sounds (Took a bloody public speaking course when I was in college, dreaded it but it honestly helped me out) and in return the more entertaining your content is overall. Nonetheless I hope you have a great journey growing your content here on YouTube with the rest of us fellow noobies too. :)
You know what, that wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

The audio is a tricky beast, for sure. That's just going to be something that I'll always be fighting with.

As for the enthusiasm, that's almost leaning towards "Fake it until you make it", isn't it? I will work on that one.

Thank you Vax!

Reactions: Vax

Zecrion

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd say you're doing quite alright at the moment, if you want to make more in depth-reviews a pointer would just be to play more games and watch other reviews. Why are IGN's reviews so popular? The layout of course, I can see what you're going for and it is working however mainly just try and have a transition between sections or something similar.
All in all I'd say you just need to keep making reviews and playing more games!

Reactions: Johnny Nongamer

Johnny Nongamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wouldn't worry audio if I were you to be honest as along you do the same stuff as you've been doing in your videos, best of luck!
Thanks for the words of support Rakuino! I appreciate it.

I'd say you're doing quite alright at the moment, if you want to make more in depth-reviews a pointer would just be to play more games and watch other reviews. Why are IGN's reviews so popular? The layout of course, I can see what you're going for and it is working however mainly just try and have a transition between sections or something similar.
All in all I'd say you just need to keep making reviews and playing more games!
Trying to find a natural voice in a place that is saturated with gaming reviews is a bit of a trick, isn't it?

I like that idea....making transitions between videos. I will see what I can do!

Johnny Nongamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, on that note (IE: transitions), I'm starting to do some research about the company behind Torchlight II and Hob (the two games that I have in my IndieBox), and there is definitely an interesting story here. Probably more interesting then the games themselves. I definitely need to reel in the enthusiasm, as Vax would say.