I wish more youtubers would do this...

NoirAscii

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah... Honesty is paramount with your viewers. I think that is what separates a channel apart from others in the same category. It's why you see vlog channels hitting a huge fanbase, because it's essentially sale logic: people buy from people.

If you don't relate to the person you are watching, you aren't likely to watch their content. The best way to maintain a viewer base is to show them the real you, because we're all people and they should feel like they are equal to you.

If you missed a schedule, apologise. If there was a reason, tell your viewers why. If you are having a tough time being motivated, tell them and even ask advice, they will respect you if you do the same to them.

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I want to be open and honest on my channel. I'm just waiting to gain more subs before I really open up on why I do YouTube or why it took so long and what I want to achieve.

DayaVera

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started my channel as a coping mechanism to battle with my own demons. I have ovarian failure, hypothyroidism and other conditions that make it difficult to stay positive. It really helps to vent and the positive comments strangers give you. I know the feeling hehe.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I started my channel as a coping mechanism to battle with my own demons. I have ovarian failure, hypothyroidism and other conditions that make it difficult to stay positive. It really helps to vent and the positive comments strangers give you. I know the feeling hehe.
Thats not good, I hope you manage to keep positive and stay strong. I'm always about if you need to vent. Cool channel btw ☺

Reactions: DayaVera

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree. I hate to hear when bad things are going on in people's lives, but it is always nice to know, especially when it keeps them from uploading.

HausofN7

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like it when a youtube can open up and tell you, "hey this is going on, let me be real right now." Because you have to realize that in the real world, people can play happy go lucky, but still be battling a lot behind the scenes. I'm that way too and i'm sure a lot of others can relate to it so not only is it being honest but it kinda helps others feel wow they aren't alone with what they are suffering with as well. :/

Reactions: DayaVera

ImJustJoshinYa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i like to think thats what im doing on my channel.. not a self promotion, its just honestly what i think.. i dont try to be someone im not, and i dont put a character on.. what you see, is what you get.. and i wont change that for the world.

Reactions: adams eats

Rachel Mae

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that the youtube community and the demand for videos has actually become more accepting. Societies as a whole are becoming more accepting of mental health issues and the stigma is slowly going away. I'm not saying there aren't people out there who still do not care what you are going through but I feel most viewers prefer to know what is honestly going on in a youtubers life.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do what you want to do I say. The platform is intended to share everything you want to share. I personally don't care if I loose followers after uploading a video like that. The people you loose are the people you don't want following anyway!

Reactions: ImJustJoshinYa

HalieCakes

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm really indifferent when it comes to this stuff...for one I know we should all be as transparent as we can because people really do think of us as one of their good friends...but on the other hand I don't like telling a bunch of people my real life problems..If you skip a video, say sorry in the next video and if people really are uptight about it then who cares? Most grown adults don't.