I wish more youtubers would do this...

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
OK, so a channel I've been following for a few years now has released a touching video about what he's going through at the moment. He's battling all sorts of demons at the moment and I found it very enlightening as to what we think is going on and what is actually going on behind the scenes. The channel is called 'nicko's kitchen' and the video is called 'weight gain, shame, drugs & mental disorders' he's really opened up about stuff and it makes me think....

Should we all do more of this and stop worrying about what other people think and 'damaging your brand' which he's been accused of.

Reactions: Brandon and Lekjih

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nicko's kitchen? Why, I would never ever thought of him actually saying that!

I used to watch his vids back when he still prepared food from his home.

LeSkittle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
JayzTwoCents did a video like this as well two months ago where he showed his frustrations caused by Youtube. It was quite an eyeopener and it made me well aware that there are more people out there just like him.

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I sometimes myself do videos about this kind of thing, i see my subscribers as friends and if something is going on in my life which could affect my channel, or makes me seem different in videos i feel they deserve to know, its scary to do but i dont regret it

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Nicko's kitchen? Why, I would never ever thought of him actually saying that!

I used to watch his vids back when he still prepared food from his home.
I was shocked to be honest. Just goes to show you never really know what someone is going through when the camera is off

Chris Raynerson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
It seems like subscribers give a pass and enjoy seeing the people they love to watch to admit their struggles too... but not too much. At least once every month of two. If they do it more than that I see a trend of them losing subscribers because of it.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I was shocked to be honest. Just goes to show you never really know what someone is going through when the camera is off
from the stuff I post on YouTube, you have NO IDEA what is really inside my head. You may get a hint by the demented stuff I share in here, but I think from my channel on the surface it seems like I'm a happy go lucky person. I am, but I also have a darkness surrounding me most of the time. I've lived with this for about 20 years now so I guess I've learned to mask it. I battle depression, addiction, and sometimes think I'm going crazy. It's been especially hard lately now that I work two jobs and am battling credit card debt and other issues. People hide a lot more than you think, I'm sure most people in here can probably relate

Reactions: Lekjih

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
from the stuff I post on YouTube, you have NO IDEA what is really inside my head. You may get a hint by the demented stuff I share in here, but I think from my channel on the surface it seems like I'm a happy go lucky person. I am, but I also have a darkness surrounding me most of the time. I've lived with this for about 20 years now so I guess I've learned to mask it. I battle depression, addiction, and sometimes think I'm going crazy. It's been especially hard lately now that I work two jobs and am battling credit card debt and other issues. People hide a lot more than you think, I'm sure most people in here can probably relate
I can definitely relate to some of what you have said. Someone should set up a youtuber counselling service. I think it can also be tougher for bigger youtubers constantly having to block out negativity from trolls etc and under pressure from networks and stuff. What annoyed me as well we're the advertisers and sponsors having a go at him saying he will damage his brand if he makes videos like that!

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Yeah sometimes subscribers seem to forget that the people they love to see have personal lives, have battles against darkness. It's like what you seen with a few vloggers. You see them happy all the time but in reality behind the cameras they are struggling. Not to attack vloggers or anything but I have seen some vlogs in which I wish they would turn off the camera, take a break and be with their families instead of having a camera on their hands I mean sure you're vlogging for you but sometimes I think that once they see that in the future they might relieve a moment in which you might be wanting to forget what happened that day. That's why I stopped vlogging. Even now there are times where I just don't feel like recording because of something that had happened during the day.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I can definitely relate to some of what you have said. Someone should set up a youtuber counselling service. I think it can also be tougher for bigger youtubers constantly having to block out negativity from trolls etc and under pressure from networks and stuff. What annoyed me as well we're the advertisers and sponsors having a go at him saying he will damage his brand if he makes videos like that!
yeah my stuff is not really related to YouTube stress, but stress in general is a pain and people on the outside often can't relate to what's going on.

Reactions: adams eats